• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was put on Percocet last year, when I had Shingles. The pain was bad, but after just a week I started experiencing withdrawl symtoms everytime I went more than four hours without a pill. UGH. Never gonna do that again! The Oxy they gave me for my wisdom tooth removal was nearly as bad.
Next time I'm in pain like that, I think I'll ask my doctor if Weed is right for me. I hate the idea of smoking anything, and marijuana in particular, but ANYTHING is better than having to take opioids again!
hey you live here in WA and haven't experienced not needing to smoke the plants/buds. Try a special piece of hard candy placed under your tongue, @10% will ease you into a comfort zone w/o getting giddy or the munchies!! they got candy, cookies, and soda pop also laced. All organic!!-

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hey you live here in WA and haven't experienced not needing to smoke the plants/buds. Try a special piece of hard candy placed under your tongue, @10% will ease you into a comfort zone w/o getting giddy or the munchies!! they got candy, cookies, and soda pop also laced. All organic!!-

Unfortunately my employer is a Federal contractor, so they can (and will) still fire people for marijuana. Even if they have a valid prescription for medical marijuana, if you fail a random drug screening then you're OUT. In reality, the whole "Federal contractor" bit is just the legal excuse, the real reason is that the business is run by a bunch of fuddy-duddies who still think of MJ as The Weed With Roots In Hell™

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately my employer is a Federal contractor, so they can (and will) still fire people for marijuana. Even if they have a valid prescription for medical marijuana, if you fail a random drug screening then you're OUT. In reality, the whole "Federal contractor" bit is just the legal excuse, the real reason is that the business is run by a bunch of fuddy-duddies who still think of MJ as The Weed With Roots In Hell™
And you can also be fired because of alcohol inebriation or DUI too. Employers have rights too. No one has to work for them and they don't have to employ you.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And you can also be fired because of alcohol inebriation or DUI too. Employers have rights too. No one has to work for them and they don't have to employ you.

I get firing people for being drunk/high on the job. The trouble is that THC stays in your bloodstream/urine for many hours (even days) since the high has worn off. What if you had a drink on Saturday, then were fired on Monday for "inebriation"? That's how crazy it is.

The really crazy thing, is that they let me come to work on Percocet as long as I informed them ahead of time and presented my prescription. I was expected to take a break if I felt too dizzy or otherwise unable to perform the duties of my job. But MJ gets you fired.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get firing people for being drunk/high on the job. The trouble is that THC stays in your bloodstream/urine for many hours (even days) since the high has worn off. What if you had a drink on Saturday, then were fired on Monday for "inebriation"? That's how crazy it is.

The really crazy thing, is that they let me come to work on Percocet as long as I informed them ahead of time and presented my prescription. I was expected to take a break if I felt too dizzy or otherwise unable to perform the duties of my job. But MJ gets you fired.
But for how much longer?

I'm indifferent myself, not having intoxicants at all for twenty years, but the right to set terms of employment trumps wishes, Find another employer or live with the terms. It's your choice and theirs.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
But for how much longer?

I'm indifferent myself, not having intoxicants at all for twenty years, but the right to set terms of employment trumps wishes, Find another employer or live with the terms. It's your choice and theirs.
Tell me of another job that will pay as well, and have the same benefits as a Fed. contractor.

Plus, what does any of this have to do with "Standard Equipment And Options"?

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Plus, what does any of this have to do with "Standard Equipment And Options"?

Optional DUI tester: Your iPad or Android device plugs into the data connector. If you are unable to duplicate drawing a pattern with your finger on the surface, the car won't start. Don't know if medical levels (as opposed to recreational levels) of MJ would have the same effect on pattern replication that alcohol does.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Optional DUI tester: Your iPad or Android device plugs into the data connector. If you are unable to duplicate drawing a pattern with your finger on the surface, the car won't start. Don't know if medical levels (as opposed to recreational levels) of MJ would have the same effect on pattern replication that alcohol does.

Guess you don't know anyone who suffers with "Essential tremors", some times referred to as "Benign Tremors", or "Famillia Tremors". Not a fun condition.

Top Bottom