• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Something like this wheaters?
00027556_Corbin_Sparrow.jpg

One butt ugly sparrow.

corvairbob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Don't know what type of car you drive but most tail pipes now exit the rear. I will acknowledge that pickups generally have side exhaust pipes

no where in that post did i say the side i said tail pipe we were talking about the gas cap. you misunderstood i guess. the exhaust exits the rear of cars and most trucks the side behind the rear tire. watch for it next time your driving if someone passes you or your behind them. just a trivia item.

glnelson23

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one vehicle with the cap on the right and one on the left, so I always have to go through the argument in my mind on where the cap is. My kid showed me most newer cars have indicators on the gas guage (An arrow or the pump is on a side) to indicate which side the cap is on..... That has saved me numerous embarrassments at the filing stations, especially when I am driving a rental.
With gas prices going down it will be longer between fill ups... and harder to remember which side the gas cap is on.

Top Bottom