• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But why can't the gas lid / door open in a different direction? :rolleyes:

Because if it hinged from the rear of the vehicle it could come open while you were driving down the road and act as an air brake! (Up on one wheelio, Right turn Clyde):eek:

If it hinged from the top or bottom and opened, it would not only flap, it'd look like a big one winged bird trying to take off!! (A tweedio)o_O

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spray paint, yes why didn't I think of that? This opens up all sorts of possibilities. Why stop at the filler cap? Spray paint my brand new car myself. Will they make a beige version? Or magnolia? That works if you want to sell a house.

My late father used to talk about his favourite colour, which was sky blue pink with yellow spots on. I'll look out for a few cans of that. He did say that it was important not to apply it upside down though, best I bear that in mind, especially if I have to import it from Australia.

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because if it hinged from the rear of the vehicle it could come open while you were driving down the road and act as an air brake! (Up on one wheelio, Right turn Clyde):eek:

If it hinged from the top or bottom and opened, it would not only flap, it'd look like a big one winged bird trying to take off!! (A tweedio)o_O
You may have something there, add a spare tank with access on the other side (ambedectrious fuel filling), with a top hinged door on each side, When deployed, it would be auxiliariary wings allowing the Elio to fly over trafic congestion.......:)

R

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Why not change the shape of the lid/cover, perhaps a tri-angle, which could very well represent the Elio's 3 wheel configuration....circular and square forms are all so common.

Top Bottom