• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seriously? The Gas Cap Has A Real Unmodifiable Reason To Be On The Wrong Side?

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Not a large enough capacity gas tank for thieves to mess with.

Surely you jest? Even 5 gallons would be plenty for a thief in a pinch. I doubt many have time to drain the entire tank, anyhow.

After the Bakken and Eagle Ford shale-plays peak and/or world demand resumes upward, people may steal a half gallon at high enough prices.

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
As I understand it, it is on the non-door side because they don't have to go around the door with the gas line. Also, there is no reason to let your car run out gas. I have been driving for 57 years and have never run out gas. If I did, I would be pulling off to the right side of the road - this is the USA - so putting gas in it would be safer because I would be on the side away from the traffic. To my way of thinking they definitely chose the safer side. :) Z

I agree about the freeway angle, though there's a convenience factor in doing all your business on the driver's side at gas stations. Repeated audible low fuel alerts would be a good feature vs. only a dash warning light.

Top Bottom