• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tell your friend that they have probably wasted MORE money on the lottery. Go for it. It gives one something to hope for in today's world of troubles.

he set his time frame based on finances .... I don't know for sure but from having known him for a long time, that will be when he can pay cash .... he's very goal oriented and firmly believes in remaining as debt free as is possible .... that's a characteristic my wife wishes I paid more attention to .. o_O

Jim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
lol. Seems he, your wife and I have something in common.

understood .... I can't fault his desire to buy, nor his desire to do so in a matter that is in keeping with the way handling his finances .... that's why he was wondering when would be the best time to put $100 all in to ensure a slot and upgrade as conditions dictated

Jim

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
understood .... I can't fault his desire to buy, nor his desire to do so in a matter that is in keeping with the way handling his finances .... that's why he was wondering when would be the best time to put $100 all in to ensure a slot and upgrade as conditions dictated

Jim
The only sure way (mostly sure) is for him to wait until EM says they are going stop taking reservations. IIRC, they are going to give at lease a few weeks notice. This would put him towards the end of first years production.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The only sure way (mostly sure) is for him to wait until EM says they are going stop taking reservations. IIRC, they are going to give at lease a few weeks notice. This would put him towards the end of first years production.

Good thinking! This is an excellent idea if what you want is to be towards the tail end of the first year production run.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Outstanding .... that is logical and easy to determine .... suggestion appreciated

that raises yet another question .... if they begin production in Sept 2015, will they run their model years from Sept to Sept

Jim

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Outstanding .... that is logical and easy to determine .... suggestion appreciated

that raises yet another question .... if they begin production in Sept 2015, will they run their model years from Sept to Sept

Jim
If I remember correctly, Paul Elio has said they will not use model years. That was stated either during the Town Hall Meeting or since then. It makes sense since as of right now they are only focusing on one model. KISS is the format they are following so for now one model is enough. :-) Z

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Number of current reservations: 34518
(As of Sep 21, 2014)

Looks like we've dropped to 44/day down from 59/day last week and 94/day a week before that.

It'll be fun to see the numbers surge again when the engine and the next prototype are out.

Top Bottom