• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Number of current reservations: 34518
(As of Sep 21, 2014)

Looks like we've dropped to 44/day down from 59/day last week and 94/day a week before that.

It'll be fun to see the numbers surge again when the engine and the next prototype are out.

couldn't the drop be at least partly attributed to the reduction of the Bonus from 50% to 25% ?? .... if so, what are the odds that the 50% Bonus may be reinstated ??

Jim

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
couldn't the drop be at least partly attributed to the reduction of the Bonus from 50% to 25% ?? .... if so, what are the odds that the 50% Bonus may be reinstated ??
Jim
Yes, but all the numbers I gave there were after Sept 1. The week leading up to Sept 1 was at 591/day on average so I left it out.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As expected, the post bonus numbers are dropping. Although no reason for concern, I'm sure this was expected as the overall reservations are close to what it appears they wanted to get into production.

ELIO RESERVATIONS 9-21.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As expected, the post bonus numbers are dropping. Although no reason for concern, I'm sure this was expected as the overall reservations are close to what it appears they wanted to get into production.

View attachment 2835
Even at 55 per day, they'll hit 40,000 by the end of the year. And when the engine and transacted are finally in the P5 (in time for balloon fiesta? Please?... come on, I said please!), well, those numbers will shoot up quickly.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think the 50% bonus was as important to the numbers such that we'll see a lower rate. I just think it gave a prompt get a load of people to jump off the fence. So I think we'll get back to more regular numbers soon.
However, there is a bit of expectation that some progress needs to happen. While it doesn't people will stack up on that fence again. As soon as we see something juicy, we'll see a surge again.
I think the engine work is a big lump of work such that there are long silent periods. That's not good for constant reservation rates.
Hopefully, the testing activity will allow interesting and incremental progress reports. This would encourage boldness for new reservations in a continuous stream.
Frankly, I'm looking forward to the day when they reach the limit of the program and they announce a cut off date. And I hope that's well over 68000.
It would be a significant milestone when that happens.
We did find out one thing. It takes about two weeks for the effect of something to flush through to the weekly report. Therefore next week should just be the start of the rebound.
Unfortunately, the hole in the schedule due to Texas is coming up. We'll see how EM back-fills that.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 2835
Hate to think that I may have been correct. . . . . . . . But on the day that they announced that they were cutting the "50% bonus" down to 25%, I do remember posing the question: "What 'rocket scientist' came up with that brilliant idea?"

With these lastest numbers, guys, and gals, it looks like the "chickens" may be coming on to roost!

Let's watch now for a new announcement from management with "no so welcome news."

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hate to think that I may have been correct. . . . . . . . But on the day that they announced that they were cutting the "50% bonus" down to 25%, I do remember posing the question: "What 'rocket scientist' came up with that brilliant idea?"

With these lastest numbers, guys, and gals, it looks like the "chickens" may be coming on to roost!

Let's watch now for a new announcement from management with "no so welcome news."

I tend to think the opposite. I think upcoming announcements will be "so good" that the 50% bonus will no longer be necessary. I am confident that EM knows what they are doing. :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I tend to think the opposite. I think upcoming announcements will be "so good" that the 50% bonus will no longer be necessary. I am confident that EM knows what they are doing. :)

This is my view on things as well. We are about to move out of the mostly behind the scenes design, engineering, and planning phase and into the hands-on engine and vehicle development phase. This change will provide for a lot more photos and information which is easier for people to relate to and which will instill a lot more confidence in potential buyers.

It is much harder to convince people to put money down on simply a prototype and ideas for the future so a bigger incentive really helped to drive reservations during that time. As EM moves to hands-on development, and eventually setting up the plant, the task of convincing people becomes much easier and the need for incentives decreases.

I personally can't wait to see all the news that will come out just before the end of the year let alone what will continue to be reported next year when the E-series vehicle development program really kicks into high gear. :)

Top Bottom