• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very true, well, not 100%, just 99%. Keeping a positive outlook to me also means keeping your head up so you can see the open doors. It helps with your own courage etc.
But too, what you say and model for others goes out in many forms and often comes back. The outreach to others is a strong effect when looking at something like this forum and this subject.
Still, I agree with the idea that honest truth to yourself and others is an absolute requirement. Otherwise all apparent progress could remain just a figment of self-delusion.
Internal and external activity, the seen and the unseen, the individual and the society, optimistic and pessimistic, it's all part of the whole.
The question always is, are you seeing everything?

( we all love to pull on each others legs don't we? )

I read two studies recently. One showed that by actually verbally giving yourself an "atta boy" while lifting weights or running actually improved performance. It probably also increases the chances of people thinking you are weird. The second study had professional bike racers pedal as fast as they could. Then, they were told to keep up with themselves (they used a 'ghost' type of video where the cyclist could see their fastest run. The thing was that the test administers were actually playing the videos 10% faster. The riders all kept up despite the fact that it was 10% faster than their best. Positive thinking can help a bit, apparently.
In a related topic, my Dad always had a phrase that stuck with me: "Luck will help you jump a river if you jump hard enough"

Top Bottom