• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ty, the idea of adding another line. Imploding my mind. :) Wouldn't that be a sure-fire sign that EM is successful?
They'd have to be VERY successful to add another line. Think about all the state of the art equipment that GM left behind that Elio picked up for a song. They'd have to go out and purchase an entire factory worth of equipment. Well, all the handling stuff, anyway. Plus, that big line that moves the vehicles along is pretty much a part of the facility. Thinking about it, I don't think they could add another line in that factory without shutting down operations for several months. It'd make more sense to run 3 shifts even if they were forced to truncate a couple of shifts to enable a repair shift or at least a couple of hours to lube up parts that can't be moving while they are serviced.

1,066 per day would be quite a few Elios and 16 hours of Line time producing one per 54 seconds is reasonable. 5,333 per week... 266,666 per year would probably be enough capacity. The trick will be getting engine blocks and other assorted parts into the place fast enough and the cars distributed fast enough.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They'd have to be VERY successful to add another line. Think about all the state of the art equipment that GM left behind that Elio picked up for a song. They'd have to go out and purchase an entire factory worth of equipment. Well, all the handling stuff, anyway. Plus, that big line that moves the vehicles along is pretty much a part of the facility. Thinking about it, I don't think they could add another line in that factory without shutting down operations for several months. It'd make more sense to run 3 shifts even if they were forced to truncate a couple of shifts to enable a repair shift or at least a couple of hours to lube up parts that can't be moving while they are serviced.

1,066 per day would be quite a few Elios and 16 hours of Line time producing one per 54 seconds is reasonable. 5,333 per week... 266,666 per year would probably be enough capacity. The trick will be getting engine blocks and other assorted parts into the place fast enough and the cars distributed fast enough.

Ty, you were there, right? With the H3's I assume the "line" was quite long, that there were many stations. With the Elio being so much "simpler", would it be possible to run two shorter lines "end-to-end"? instead of side-by-side ".....In series instead of parallel?

Top Bottom