• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks to Marco, I figured out how to put the "Cars per day" on the right and everything else on the left. It makes the graph a little more legible. (and I used Elio colors for all the lines)

Elio New 2014 09 01.JPG
Elio Monthly Cars Per Day 2014 09.JPG
Last chart. This one is my monthly chart.

Elio Monthly Numbers 2014 09.JPG

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd guess every 1-2 weeks now as the growth rate will really taper off. They only need 60/day now to get to 40k by years end.
True. AND, that's lower than any rate since I've been keeping track. I'd say that 40,000 by the end of December is almost a sure thing. Now, how fast will they be able to produce? and how many will be shipped by the end of December 2015? (Rhetorical question... not the start of a will-they/won't-they debate)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Do we have a confirmed statement on total reservations / first year production projections?

Nope, no direct confirmation from Elio Motors. I have heard estimated ranging from 40K up to 68K. We also do not have confirmation on how exactly Elio Motors define 'first year reservations' as this could represent calendar year or model year.

Personally I believe Elio Motors is talking about the model year when they talk about first year reservations. My guess is that, if production begins within a reasonable time of the current estimate, all reserved Elio's will be 2016 models with retail models being 2017 models after about six months of production. I really have no clue how many vehicles EM plans to produce in this time period however my guess again would be around 60K.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Do we have a confirmed statement on total reservations / first year production projections?

Not that I know of Charlie. Months ago I heard 40k, then recently Paul inferred that 60k would be the first year's reservations. I think at this point no confirmed statement exists. I would love to know too.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Another fun slice of the numbers .... between July 30 and Sept 1, 7258 reservations. Roughly correpsonds to the 50% bonus going away announcement and it ending. Very nice! Almost a 28% increase in just over a month. That'll do.

Again, there's no way I know of getting a number of upgrades that happened over that time too. I'd be curious to know what it is.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Capping "first year production" at 60K might actually be a pretty smart play. If they start producing the 2016 Elio in September of 2015 (not unheard of), they could take as long as needed to work out kinks/improve things. Let's say it takes 6 months to build them. Then, they could set a date for production of the 2017 Elio which could happen as early as July or as late as January 2017. That way, they could meet the guaranteed reservation for first year production, have some extra first-year production capability (if needed to fill time before introducing the 2017), and have some leeway in case there are further delays.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Capping "first year production" at 60K might actually be a pretty smart play. If they start producing the 2016 Elio in September of 2015 (not unheard of), they could take as long as needed to work out kinks/improve things. Let's say it takes 6 months to build them. Then, they could set a date for production of the 2017 Elio which could happen as early as July or as late as January 2017. That way, they could meet the guaranteed reservation for first year production, have some extra first-year production capability (if needed to fill time before introducing the 2017), and have some leeway in case there are further delays.
I suspect that more will be better until they reach some level of risk. The thing is the estimate of the level to reach that risk keeps going up. They want to be sure they don't grow faster than they can manage. Paul had said 240unit per day at one point. They may well just go with that. The investors will not be forced to firm up their money planning until after the 25 crash tests are done. So I'm guessing they won't shut it off until after then.

So here's my question, knowing they can definitely sell them, why wouldn't they produce more than the reservation count?

Top Bottom