• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Quick Poll. Yes, Another Poll. This One About Transmissions.

Will you be buying a manual or automatic?

• Total voters

Greycat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I am just not a race driver but I don't remember very many sections on the BRP that I could drive 60. Come think of it, I don't remember that many guard rails either.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I am just not a race driver but I don't remember very many sections on the BRP that I could drive 60. Come think of it, I don't remember that many guard rails either.

I'm a little worried about serious under steer in a light car like this. The BRP certainly won't be the first driving challenge I take on in the Elio

Chewy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I voted Automatic. I enjoy stick, but have to admit this car is for a boring commute with occasional gridlock and the irritation of driving a stick during bumper to bumper traffic far outweighs the fun of the stick at this point in my life.

Hey Job... Keep in mind.. If it remains motorcycle class... This is your free ticket to drive in the HOV lane... So the days of bumper to bumper will be very limited.... Just saying... This is one of the very big advantage of the Elio for me...!

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Job... Keep in mind.. If it remains motorcycle class... This is your free ticket to drive in the HOV lane... So the days of bumper to bumper will be very limited.... Just saying... This is one of the very big advantage of the Elio for me...!
Seen accidents and breakdowns in HOV lane. Not so fast then! Should abolish HOV and create the extra highway that is really needed!

Ray

Reactions: HHH

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I asked Elio if the transmission was going to be single or dual clutch, the reply is that this is still being finalized.
Did you receive that response recently? Recently, I hope. I _really_ don't want a 'traditional' single clutch AMT. Overall, it won't effect my decision to purchase the vehicle, because I'll be fine with a manual transmission. My choice of AMT is so the wife can share the driving when we're on long trips.

Top Bottom