• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Quick Poll. Yes, Another Poll. This One About Transmissions.

Will you be buying a manual or automatic?

• Total voters

Chewy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I missed that article... Being a "Zonie" this is a big step... I have already been preparing to borrow someone's motorcycle to test just to have my motorcycle tag if the SB1201 doesn't pass... Waiting with fingers crossed... One never knows with AZ what will happen... Just saying...!

Chewy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Seen accidents and breakdowns in HOV lane. Not so fast then! Should abolish HOV and create the extra highway that is really needed!

Ray
I've always felt there needs to be a motorcycle only lane that cars cannot be part of..a type of sectioned off lane.... It may encourage more to use bikes to commute with a safer alternative

leatherneck

Reaction score
My 2012 Jeep Wrangler is a six speed which I really like. However driving bumper to bumper or through construction can be tedious. The Elio sounds better to me as an automatic but I respect those who are going stick.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've always favored manual transmissions but have been driving mostly big pickups which seem to only come in automatics. Combine that with the resale pain of trying to find that person who wants a stick... Well, let's just say that with automatics as good as they are nowadays, manual transmissions are going mayor the dodo. I'm surprised that the poll here is so close... <7% of nationwide automobile sales according to the EPA but almost 40% here!... mind.blown.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've always favored manual transmissions but have been driving mostly big pickups which seem to only come in automatics. Combine that with the resale pain of trying to find that person who wants a stick... Well, let's just say that with automatics as good as they are nowadays, manual transmissions are going mayor the dodo. I'm surprised that the poll here is so close... <7% of nationwide automobile sales according to the EPA but almost 40% here!... mind.blown.
two reasons, Odd attracts odd, and many of the people choosing "stick" will come to their senses when they have to REALLY decide.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If your spouse does not know, or want to know, how to drive with a manual transmission the decision is out of your hands and you WILL be buying an Elion with an automatic transmission
That is true... Unless she doesn't want to drive it at all.

Top Bottom