• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Quick Poll. Yes, Another Poll. This One About Transmissions.

Will you be buying a manual or automatic?

• Total voters

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First to Paul..."HEY PAUL YOOHOO DOWN HERE....look at the poll...take into account this is not going to be true....even greater than 80% are going to go AUTOMATIC of some sort. So please if you want the car to make it put a very good automatic-esque tranny in her...and if you want to make a super duper one at even great optional expense I will strongly consider it."

Now to all of us, yep drove a manual most of my life. Now I enjoy eatin a sandwich with one hand and driving with the other. I can even get a swaller of coke with my other free hand if the road is straight. I ain't never even seen one of them flappy gear shifters behind the steering wheel but I like em already, just from what I read and seen on tv on Top Gear. Those boys hate em they first three years they had to test cars with em in it, now they think they are the best thing

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Almost 80%... In Car and Driver, they were talking about some great sports car (corvette, I think). I already tossed the issue. It was last month or two. Anyway, whatever car their were talking about sold fewer than like 20 manuals which really surprised me. I guess the automatics with the double clutch super flux capacitor paddle shift option is actually a pretty quick deallywho. I can't see rowing through the gears in an Elio would really add much to the experience as I'm betting most of us would be trying to get the most mileage which means gentle shifts anyway.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ScreenShot2012-05-15at60458PM.png

I will Row my own

Nica Bill

Reaction score
will it have a stick or paddles for the shifter? Will it have an auto clutch or manual foot clutch? this will all depend on ease of use for a decision on auto or manual transmission.

Top Bottom