• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P4 Video From Detroit Dream Cruise. Iav Engineer Kody Klindt Talks Engine Details

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I happened to be visiting back home when the P4 was at the Dream Cruise.

As I was leaving, IAV guy Kody Klindt was talking details about the engine to a small group. Lots of great detailed info about the engine (oil pan, SOHC, EGR, chain drive, variable/Porsche Variocam valve timing, etc) and why they chose to go with those technologies vs others.

Also stuck my phone under the car for some close up video of the suspension, brakes, steering rack, and underbody.

I couldn't not get in line to try it on and see for myself.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason I can't get any of the videos to open on my iPad.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent videos...but did I hear him (Kody) correctly? The exhaust will be a side-pipe (r/h) design? Now that WOULD be cool!:D

It is not really what you are thinking but I am sure you could make it a more traditional side pipe. The fuel tank is under the passenger seat so routing the exhaust around that to the back would have been more expensive so the muffler is located under the passenger footwell and the exhaust exits in that area on the right side. We have photos and discussion about this on this thread:

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/muffler-location.1416/

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tried every which way to post links instead of embedding in my post, but the forum software converted every youtube link to an embed.
RrKbFys.png

Top Bottom