• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Site Direction?

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Mark said he was using off the shelf parts from various vehicles and was keeping meticulous records as to where each came from. Sounds like its going to be an easy to repair vehicle.

My only question is how to do a front end alignment, should one be required after front end work. I'm guessing it would be similar to the Polaris Slingshot??

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Want a new direction? Wouldn't it be great if Elio could partner up with Tesla? What a great electric Elio they could make.
based on past history, if they were to go into business together, Paul would most likely run Elon into Chapter 11 within a fairly short time frame and still not bring a trike to production

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Want a new direction? Wouldn't it be great if Elio could partner up with Tesla? What a great electric Elio they could make.
Just do a search. Paul Elio turned down investor money because they wanted to have some amount of control. Even if Elon went to Paul and said, "I'll give you all of the money you need, I just need you to relinquish a certain amount of control." Paul would decline. I know the overwhelming majority of people here were happy to see Paul turn down investor money in trade for control. Paul knows best and don't worry, he will be out with the Elio-E soon. Especially with the advancements in battery tech (which his partner Hari was involved with) I can see the power density to be pretty good where a 1000 mile charge Elio-E along with 30 minute charging, will happen soon. Then the Elio G will go into production soon after that. Keep the faith and if you can, give often.

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just do a search. Paul Elio turned down investor money because they wanted to have some amount of control. Even if Elon went to Paul and said, "I'll give you all of the money you need, I just need you to relinquish a certain amount of control." Paul would decline. I know the overwhelming majority of people here were happy to see Paul turn down investor money in trade for control. Paul knows best and don't worry, he will be out with the Elio-E soon. Especially with the advancements in battery tech (which his partner Hari was involved with) I can see the power density to be pretty good where a 1000 mile charge Elio-E along with 30 minute charging, will happen soon. Then the Elio G will go into production soon after that. Keep the faith and if you can, give often.
Thanks for the interesting response. After all this time I would think Paul would tend to be a little more "flexible" if he were offered the chance to produce his dream car. I hope your optimism proves correct, but unfortunately I don't see any evidence that it is justified. All we can do is wait and see.

Top Bottom