• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Site Direction?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's called "click-bait"!
It's another AI produced video. Look at the other videos on the channel and you'll see they are just to get views. Plus Tesla seems to be a big target for them.

Here you go, Arcimoto is coming out with a new model next year. Since I seen it on youtube, it's true. Even though Arcimoto is shut down, has no way of contacting them, that doesn't matter. It's going to happen because an AI clickbait video is out there.

On the other hand, Elio Motors still has a website. So, no reason to have it if it's not going to happen. They even have info on the Elio G as it's at the top of the website.

JohnJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. I dropped in on my local Tesla dealer today to see what's what. When I went in the door of the showroom I was holding my check book and my Pelican fountain pin and acting like I owned the place. (If people think you're a twit with money they pay attention to you.) When a salesman greeted me I boldly announced "I'm here to buy a car." Now I really had his attention. He gave me a big grin and asked what model I was interested in. When I said I wanted a "Model C", the smile suddenly vanished and he looked like his dog just died. He said they were not available, which I though was better than "They don't exist." He then explained that he knew nothing about them and could not help me and that was that.

Seems to me that if I know about them and others know about them, then people working at Tesla would know about them. I may be wrong, but I suspect that the word came down from corporate HQ not to discuss them or even acknowledge they exist. After all, think about it, If someone comes in the door wanting spend 25 or 30k on a car and you tell them that soon there'll be one available for 7k, what will many of them do? I know I would not buy today but wait to see the 7k model. Just like with the Elio, I'll wait and watch.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. I dropped in on my local Tesla dealer today to see what's what. When I went in the door of the showroom I was holding my check book and my Pelican fountain pin and acting like I owned the place. (If people think you're a twit with money they pay attention to you.) When a salesman greeted me I boldly announced "I'm here to buy a car." Now I really had his attention. He gave me a big grin and asked what model I was interested in. When I said I wanted a "Model C", the smile suddenly vanished and he looked like his dog just died. He said they were not available, which I though was better than "They don't exist." He then explained that he knew nothing about them and could not help me and that was that.

Seems to me that if I know about them and others know about them, then people working at Tesla would know about them. I may be wrong, but I suspect that the word came down from corporate HQ not to discuss them or even acknowledge they exist. After all, think about it, If someone comes in the door wanting spend 25 or 30k on a car and you tell them that soon there'll be one available for 7k, what will many of them do? I know I would not buy today but wait to see the 7k model. Just like with the Elio, I'll wait and watch.
I would get VERY comfortable with LOTS of popcorn!

Reaction score

Someday is today. My beloved 2001 Grand Marquis is broken and in the shop. She has run faithfully for 23 years and now I might never see her again. Problem looks like ELECTRICAL. I hate ELECTRIC. I not only want a gas powered elio. I now need it. I feel like I just put my dog to sleep again. My heart is broken. Yea, I'm whining. Wine wine wine, please pass the cheese. Glad to see activity on this site. I miss US.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I not only want a gas powered elio. I now need it.
not only understood but that's certainly true for others of us .... he's given us his assurance and I still fully believe that Mark will bring his BEX to production .... we all miss his daily updates and him working through the issues he's dealing with can't come soon enough

Reactions: Mel

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Problem looks like ELECTRICAL.
Yes, I have been there.

Many years ago, I had an old Datsun pickup. First the brake lights went, so I added two trailer brake lights to the side of the bed near the OE brake lights and wired them up (on the brake light switch). The turn signals still worked, but I couldn't figure out why the brake lights kept blowing the fuse, so I disconnect the OE brake lights. I was never pulled over by the police, so I assume my alternative brake lights were OK. Then the high beam head lights started blowing the fuse. This was an older 4 headlight system, so I disconnected the OE high beams and added some cheap driving lights for when I needed extra light at night (low beams still worked, fine). Then the horn... you guessed it -- junkyard horn on a push button switch. Eventually rust got the better of this fine work truck (I wasn't living in the desert, then) and I had saved up enough money for a "newer" work truck.

Is there any way you can do a "work around" for your electrical issues?? I got a couple more years out of my Datsun until such time I could afford to replace it.

Top Bottom