1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Discussion in 'Similar Vehicles' started by Mark BEX, Feb 2, 2021.

1. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Apples and oranges. Mustangs and Thunderbirds have made their mark in the automotive world so I'm not surprise people paying that much in auction. A newcomer ELIO have to earn it's merits, needs to win some races (yeah right) to be popular enough for it to be special and collectible. Then again since we're all just fantasizing, if the ELIO looks like this:
    3wheeler.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  2. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

Well, yup collectible starts with classic. But then again, if something becomes desirable, then it can become classic.
    And desirability my friend, is in the eyes of the beholder.

For me, a 350GTV (1963 NOT the 1965 GTS), style with a WRX drive train(in 2WD-FWD), in a tadpole platform. Well it would not be liked by me for it's efficiency, that's for sure.
    (Very tuff to fit everything in below the full travel of the suspension. But good so far....)
    SuperSubaru.png

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  3. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Coulda, shoulda, woulda! In retrospect, had EM built the all important production units and delivered 10-20 ELIOs before going broke, these units with original production numbers will surely be collectible (but not the value you envisioned) no matter how it performed during it's lifetime with the owners.

4. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

I think we are a little out of sync. (or maybe less than it appears) Elio Motors was in no mind set to try my hypothetical. There would have to be substantial engineering and product changes to do my suggestion. Mostly a mind shift that they couldn't/wouldn't do.
    That ship has sailed. Yep 'Coulda, shoulda, (would never have)'
    Now for Mark, it's possible. But I did do some outlandish dreaming in this, and that is a bit like me to project a bit too far forward, too early, too aggressively, too out of normal. (out of the box and off the rails) My preferred form of risk taking.
    Yet if you don't project early enough, well 'Coulda, shoulda, woulda' is long past by then.

But I stand by my process. There are many things I have totally nailed with it, so at least I have benefited.

Doing plan projections along multiple paths is part of my process. This one we talked about was just one. My college degree takes an average of 5 years to complete (BS degree of course, lol). I did it in 3. Creative dreaming works. At least for me.

What I was doing in this thread was offering up one possible path.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    ehwatt likes this.
  5. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    Lol, once you started this "possible path", we're way beyond ELIO's KISS and the reservationist's sub 7k expectations. I was feeding along your concept. ;)

AriLea likes this.
  6. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

Speaking of which, Messerschmitt is back in the game apparently, at least in the city-car realm.. we'll see..
    I will post that to a new thread, we want Bex Updates here more than anything else..(including my 2¢ :rolleyes: )

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    ehwatt, 84mpg and JEBar like this.
  7. Mark BEX

Mark BEX Elio Addict

I can not ever remember going camping and it not raining, sheez. Holiday over, back to the car tomorrow :-)

ehwatt and 84mpg like this.
  8. JEBar

JEBar Moderator Staff Member Moderator

that would be a beautiful, not to mention fun drive when you get your trike on the road

9. AriLea

AriLea Elio Addict

I like that, That reminds me of two places, Devil's Highway between Arizona and New Mexico(heading south), and more so, North Cascades Highway(heading west). I'll will take your car on those two drives if I ever get the chance to buy one in the future!
    (Also, Salt River Canyon in Arizona would be good too, above Jerome AZ, ... north of Sedona, AZ, in fact, anywhere around Sedona...
    Actually the best is various places in Zion National Park, UT..., Columbia River... Highway 101 anywhere on the Pacific Coast... Mt Rainer, chinook pass, Paradise..)
    North of Vancouver, BC... OK I'm ready to go NOW!

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    ehwatt likes this.
  10. JEBar

JEBar Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap with 318 curves in 11 miles: America’s number one motorcycle and sports car road.

https://tailofthedragon.com/

AriLea likes this.