• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My strut top laser'ed parts weren't ready until late afternoon, but done none the less.

mac 9.jpg

You can see how effective the tab and slots are for jig'less alignment, fit perfectly together for welding later.

mac 8.jpg

Engine and gearbox back in today, designed the engine mounting brackets, and building them in CAD right now, hopefully they will be laser'ed tomorrow too.

eng in 2.jpg

eng in 3.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Impressive amount of work, Mark. Around here, we can see the 'Diamond in that Rough'.

Well people need to appreciate I am using old car bits to build the prototype simply because it's cheap, you get all the stock nuts and bolts and wiring etc to make the build fast.

Downside is the parts have years of grime and dust accumulated on them, and don't look so flash in the pictures sometimes, that's when people need to see the "diamond" :-) .

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was drawing up a fancy eng mount for the right hand side, the left seemed simple enough, arrived at the factory this morning, was staring at it, and thought "Why not just use some 2" angle iron?".

Seemed too simple, but gee, it was simple! triangulates and increases shear strength, I'm happy.

I like that left and right sides the same, with the right side requiring some simple box tube risers.

It will get me going for now ..

eng in 4.jpg

Top Bottom