• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, clean or replace them.
It's still on line.
Do a search on mouse balls.
Found it:
Mouse Balls (IBM internal memo)

THIS IS AN ACTUAL ALERT TO IBM FIELD ENGINEERS THAT WENT OUT TO ALL IBM BRANCH OFFICES. THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT WAS VERY SERIOUS. THE REST OF US MAY FIND IT RATHER FUNNY.

Abstract: Mouse Balls Available as FRU (Field Replacement Unit)

Mouse balls are now available as FRU's. Therefore, if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacture of the mouse. Foreign ball can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced using the twist-off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.

It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction, and that any customer missing his balls should suspect local personnel of removing these necessary items.

To re-order, specify one of the following:
• Domestic Balls - p/n 33f8462
• Foreign Balls - p/n 33f4861

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Found it:
Mouse Balls (IBM internal memo)

THIS IS AN ACTUAL ALERT TO IBM FIELD ENGINEERS THAT WENT OUT TO ALL IBM BRANCH OFFICES. THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT WAS VERY SERIOUS. THE REST OF US MAY FIND IT RATHER FUNNY.

Abstract: Mouse Balls Available as FRU (Field Replacement Unit)

Mouse balls are now available as FRU's. Therefore, if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel.

Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse. Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacture of the mouse. Foreign ball can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced using the twist-off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge. Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may be used immediately.

It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction, and that any customer missing his balls should suspect local personnel of removing these necessary items.

To re-order, specify one of the following:
• Domestic Balls - p/n 33f8462
• Foreign Balls - p/n 33f4861

ROFLMAO.jpg

cafengocmy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was wondering if we had information on the planned rate vehicles will roll off of the line. I am holding a reservation number ($1K-all-in) in the eleven thousands. Would my car emerge on day 51 or day 137? Curious.

Art
I am beginning to wonder if this thing is going to even come off the assembly line. When I went all in I thought Elio was aimng at the end of 2016. Here it is approaching the end of 2017 and we are still getting reports about it going to auto shows.

Top Bottom