• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

Palliden7

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm not replying, I have a question. It is now November 2016 and the latest production stated is mid 2017. Those of us that only paid one hundred dollars years ago will we see our Elio by 2018? It seems like the people who paid the current all in price will get their Elio first? Then those of us with lower orginal numbers @ $100.00 deposit won't be notified about when the vehicle will be produced until 2018 or 2019?
Next major question: Will Elio provide financing or customers have to to use commercial financing?

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the latest is end of 2017. If you put down $100, I don't believe there is any chance you will have an Elio in your driveway in 2017. I believe that should production start, they certainly expect to produce >65K cars in the first 12 months. Elio has talked about the idea of a CC that you would use to buy all your gas. You would pay 3X the price of the gas each time, with the 2X going to Elio. I'm not sure how they would ever be able to get that to work. The company can't rely on customers to use the card. Maybe they can set it up were they charge you monthly, but that would get reduced by the use of the card for gas.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not replying, I have a question. It is now November 2016 and the latest production stated is mid 2017. Those of us that only paid one hundred dollars years ago will we see our Elio by 2018? It seems like the people who paid the current all in price will get their Elio first? Then those of us with lower orginal numbers @ $100.00 deposit won't be notified about when the vehicle will be produced until 2018 or 2019?
Next major question: Will Elio provide financing or customers have to to use commercial financing?
The #2 post, page 1 of this thread has a link to a "guesstamator" that will give you an approximate date of delivery.
Use a start date of 12-1-17 and use an SIL of around 40,000 or 50K (Currently there are 20K+ $1K All In; and the total will be 65,000 so 40K to 50K should be in about the right neighborhood).
The order it goes in is $1,000, $500, $250, $100 All In; after all the All In's have been notified, they will go the same order in the Want Ins.

You'll find it will only be 3 or 4 months after the start.

And the "Guesstamator" is just that, a guess, based on the ramp up rate that EM has used.

As for financing, you have lots of time to talk to your Bank or Credit Union and see what they can do for you in financing it.
You will probably get the best interest rate if you work it out before hand.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First $1000 All Ins get theirs first, Then $500 All Ins, then $250 All Ins and then $100 All Ins, then $1000 Want ins, $500 Want ins, $250 Want Ins, and finally $100 Want ins. Your ahead of all those who come after you as long as they don't go in at a higher level. If they do, then yes, they will be ahead of you. But I wouldn't be too concerned, once the production gets to 1,000 a day, everyone will have theirs within three months.

Top Bottom