• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Gfx Ideas

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would probably move the Blue of the nacelle down (nacelles are always positioned as far from the crew as reasonably possible due to harmful radiation produced under some operating conditions by the warp drives) and thin it so it runs under the door or nearly all under the door, they also typically have a red cone at the front of the cell where the plasma coils are located IIRC. IMHO all of these drive bits (the blue line and the red cone) should likely be cut from EL light up vinyl or reflective vinyl like used on police cars so they appear to glow like in the shows/movies. :cool:

While this is a great image of a warp class shuttle, it looks very different when under power as the lower image depicts.

type-9.jpg

320x240.jpg

Last edited:

Nathan Diffee

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I would probably move the Blue of the nacelle down (nacelles are always positioned as far from the crew as reasonably possible due to harmful radiation produced under some operating conditions by the warp drives) and thin it so it runs under the door or nearly all under the door, they also typically have a red cone at the front of the cell where the plasma coils are located IIRC. IMHO all of these drive bits (the blue line and the red cone) should likely be cut from EL light up vinyl or reflective vinyl like used on police cars so they appear to glow like in the shows/movies. :cool:

While this is a great image of a warp class shuttle, it looks very different when under power as the lower image depicts.

type-9.jpg

320x240.jpg
Thanks for the input. I'll admit, I'm more of a Star Wars fan than Star trek, so I'm less familiar with these images. This kind of thing needs to be done with as much accuracy and respect to the source material as possible in order to be really great. It's not enough to just "look good". The true fans will notice the inaccuracies and call you out on it.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
John Player Special Lotus F1. Maybe in the rocket sliver color one of my favorite livery's even though its black and i hate black cars.
f1-lotus-jps-98t-1986-27783653.jpg
I was stationed in England in the early 1980's and watched Nigel Mansell drive one just like this car in the Silverstone and Brands Hatch Formula 1 races for several years. It is a beautiful and impressive car and I have never forgotten it.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No Way, JNR. You have done some great stuff. It is always hard to compete with a pro but that doesn't mean your stuff isn't good. Allow the new challenge to open up your imagination and creativity even more. You may surprise yourself as to how you will go from very good to fantastic in a very short time. After all, a year is a long time and there are a lot of people out there looking and asking for ideas. :) Z
Thanks for the compliment, my problem isn't imagination, I just need to know the software better for better execution. I only get a few minutes a week free time to do anything other than work or family.

On tap is the Pizza delivery Elio, Monsters Inc Sully Elio, Short school bus Elio, and glow in the dark Elio (although Humberto already did Tron, so it took the wind out of my sails on that one.)

Kent

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I had thought a bit more old school. Something along the lines of WWII P40 nose art. This is such a unique vehicle, all of these ideas are fantastic. I can't wait to see these on the road. The Elio will be similar to a motorcycle in the aspect of customization- every one on the road will be a little different.

Attachments

• 600px-Curtiss_P-40E_Warhawk_2_USAF.jpg
    600px-Curtiss_P-40E_Warhawk_2_USAF.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 302

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had thought a bit more old school. Something along the lines of WWII P40 nose art. This is such a unique vehicle, all of these ideas are fantastic. I can't wait to see these on the road. The Elio will be similar to a motorcycle in the aspect of customization- every one on the road will be a little different.
You're onto something here Kent. The subtle message of retro coloring the Elio is that the design and concept of the Elio is "timeless". Personally my favorite mark ups would be those of the legendary days or Pre War Hell Cats of the Navy. Highly visible and colorful markings were never better than then. Just my opinion. Gotta go get some vinyl somewhere.
mq0QVzDxXuSfrpPMYCGmgdg.jpg
usn_preww2_title.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom