• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess they scrubbed making the first start a big PR party and just got to it when they had the IAV slot (and money) available. It's up, it's running, and maybe it will bring some $$ in.

did you notice the rhythmic sway of the cradle? Any of our automotive engineering types (G-1, for instance) want to comment on that?

I think it's terrific they finally got the little bugger running!

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
did you notice the rhythmic sway of the cradle? Any of our automotive engineering types (G-1, for instance) want to comment on that?

not an automotive engineer nor do I play one on TV .... the cradle sway seemed to me to correlate directly with the RPM's .... the faster, the more noticeable the cradle sway .... I figured it came from the torque from the spinning components within the motor

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to say something about enharmonic vibration, but was afraid I'd get the terms all wrong. But if you're going down the highway, you don't really want your front end swaying that much ... recall the discussion about postponing the prototypes until engine testing was well along or done ... looks like this might be the sort of vibration / resonance that will need attending to. But i could be completely wrong on this.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wanted to say something about enharmonic vibration, but was afraid I'd get the terms all wrong. But if you're going down the highway, you don't really want your front end swaying that much ... recall the discussion about postponing the prototypes until engine testing was well along or done ... looks like this might be the sort of vibration / resonance that will need attending to. But i could be completely wrong on this.

that makes two of us .... only you used much more highfalutin words .. :confused:

Top Bottom