• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Friday's The Big Day ... Or Is It?

How long will the engine run during the official "first start" ceremony?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tunable exhausts are the way to do it. Nearly all modern car and motorcycle engines are specifically tuned to work with their included exhaust systems. As a result replacing these stock systems can sometimes have unintended consequences. If an engine is tuned to work with a certain amount of back pressure from the exhaust there is the counter-intuitive possibility that performance could drop by using a more free flowing exhaust. :eek:
I'll take the minuscule loss of power over a quality "note" anytime!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
100_1840.JPG
Tunable exhausts are the way to do it. Nearly all modern car and motorcycle engines are specifically tuned to work with their included exhaust systems. As a result replacing these stock systems can sometimes have unintended consequences. If an engine is tuned to work with a certain amount of back pressure from the exhaust there is the counter-intuitive possibility that performance could drop by using a more free flowing exhaust. :eek:
With the ones I use adding disk frees it up removing them restricts . It is amazing how to can effect Torque and top end HP by playing with the disk.
Even the headers using a two to one to two provides better low end torque even with stock exhaust.
One side baffle tube pulled and disk.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 5081
With the ones I use adding disk frees it up removing them restricts . It is amazing how to can effect Torque and top end HP by playing with the disk.
Even the headers using a two to one to two provides better low end torque even with stock exhaust.
One side baffle tube pulled and disk.
Huh. I've never used tunable exhaust. My VTX 1800 sounds pretty darn good with whatever is on it now. I do confess to never messing with the exhaust or engine though. It only has 27,000 miles on it so I haven't had to do anything yet.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Huh. I've never used tunable exhaust. My VTX 1800 sounds pretty darn good with whatever is on it now. I do confess to never messing with the exhaust or engine though. It only has 27,000 miles on it so I haven't had to do anything yet.
Some time it is not as much about making a lot more HP as it is moving the torque and HP around where you need it. A lot can be done with exhaust ,tune and cams.
With the tuner I use The MAP can be changed in 30 seconds or so. With stored MAPs I can pick High fuel mileage. Cold weather riding , Hot weather ,two up or all alone and lets fly.

Top Bottom