• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exhaust Sound

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
38s? The tractor I pictured is a 14or1568.

JD Ds have one exhaust, the RH pipe is the air intake. Seen a few pullers run duals on the putt putts tho.

I think there was an Oliver with factory duals, one of the Detroit Diesel powered ones, but I'd have to do some research.

Yes, Im a tractor junkie.
I've got a 1948 Allis Chalmers model G, four cylinder, rear engine, Continentel flat head, 62 cubic inches, pistons are listed at 2 & 3/8" 10 HP at the flywheel 8 at the drawbar. I've got a Troybilt rototiller with a Briggs and Strat that makes 8 HP with only 1 cylinder! But it doesn't have Alice's class!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want my elio's engine and exhaust to be almost so quiet that I can't tell whether it's running or not.
If I decide that I need noise, I'll install an air horn and auxillary speakers.

I can't believe this. I am actually in 100% agreement with Elio Amazed.
Any one who doesn't agree needs to spend 40 or 50 miles of a poker run on the right side of an old Sporty or Shovel running short shotguns.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe this. I am actually in 100% agreement with Elio Amazed.
Any one who doesn't agree needs to spend 40 or 50 miles of a poker run on the right side of an old Sporty or Shovel running short shotguns.
I'm glad not to be the only one who is willing to say that open-pipe Harley crap is NOT cool, it's just obnoxious! (And no, the 'safety' crap won't fly either).

Top Bottom