• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exhaust Sound

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've got a sweet set of Jardine Rumblers on my V-star.
When I choose to crack it open, it's one of the loudest bikes on the road.
Though it's got an OEM windshield, It's a bike and it comes with the territory.
Along with the rain, the cold, the heat, the bugs and some wind.

And yeah, we've been here before. So it is cool. ;)

When it comes to a four wheeled vehicle...
I want maximum insulation from road and engine.
It just adds a great degree of comfort and class to the vehicle.
It also helps to deaden the sound of those nasty Harleys. :D

Last edited:

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad not to be the only one who is willing to say that open-pipe Harley crap is NOT cool, it's just obnoxious! (And no, the 'safety' crap won't fly either).

As if the open-piped Harleys were not OBNOXIOUS enough, now these fools are running their 1000 watt stereos! Dang! Did these people not get enough hugs from their mommas and papas growing up, or what!?

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Harleys, love to look at them, hate to hear them. A nice muffled rumble would be OK.
maxresdefault.jpg

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOVE IT!!! "Loud pipes save lives" is the most obnoxious, self serving line of crap I've ever heard. I asked one of the local cops that I know what exempted Harleys from muffler laws. He looked embarrassed and just shrugged. Hell, if my car made that much noise, I'd have a ticket and an order to repair...

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, if the Elio could have something similar to the mellow growl my Miata has on acceleration in the lower gears, that would be OK. :)
I recall an article in a car enthusiast magazine quoting a Mazda representative when the Miata was first introduced. They said they had spent a lot of time tuning the exhaust note to get the sound they were looking (listening?) for. They were well aware of the panache of the British roadsters and were looking for a complementary sound.

I somehow doubt that this will be a paramount consideration for the Elio. Effect on horsepower may be of more consequence. The aftermarket guys could take it from there.

Top Bottom