• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Nate_tx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well... It has a clean elegant look sure - but doesn't strike me as very functional. I just don't feel I can give this thing a quick glance. Also the RPM to me seems hard to see. I need the full range needle there so I know where I am with the engine so I don't scatter her guts all over the roadway.
This is the first big "thumbs down" for me on the design. :confused:

Nate_tx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Ahh now I recall.. Remember those terrible 1988-91 Chev/GMC truck dash readouts? Only Elio Elgin is a terribly small window to view and the numbers are on the rotating dial whereas these had a rotating color contrast dial with red needle end indicator. * Sigh* The GM one is still better but was an utter design failure and attempt to look "Contemporary and modern" GM tossed it of course in its 4th year. This Elgin dash is - well ok if they have it ready- Then why isnt it in any of the Promo Prototypes? Probably because they dont even want to drive with it LOL o_O
Dash.JPG

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The dash board is the most important part of the interior in my opinion. If it were up to me it would look like a fighter cockpit with everything you can imagine on it. But, that being said, I would sooner have the original dash and not the Elgin one.

I hear tell the steering wheel things is pretty important.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The picture on the previous post is what I looked like before the good fairy made me semi-human. Boy was that a mistake.

Top Bottom