• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One more thing -- Elio KNOWS that opinion on the Elgin dash runs 2/1 or more against it. I know this because, gee, they told me so. I don't know what the base instrument cluster is going to be, but it won't be that thing,

that is truly interesting .... I'll make every effort to ask when the tour comes to Raleigh in about a month

Jim

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard - that - The Elgin dash was going to be THE base model dash. And the optional dash is the Skyz dash.
Is this incorrect? I cannot imagine anyone ordering the Elgin dash and gosh someone paying extra for it.
I will bet you a kings ransom and a bucket of baboon balls that the P5 will have the Skyz dash in it. None of the Elio reps want to drive a car with the squinty Elgin dash in it. Too great a chance you'll wreck a 150k prototype.

ps: If I lose this bet all I have at the moment is the bucket of baboon balls. But you will receive the Kings Ranson at some random later date ;)
People that believe that Skyz is a dash option apparently were too busy playing with their bb to read the entire article. Here is the part you didn't read.
Elio Motors has always considered its vehicle, with unique front-to-back two-person seating, to be an excellent vehicle for first-time drivers. The ability to track location, mileage and accelerator data will be a valuable tool to help monitor their children's driving habits. All of the information provided by the SkyzMatic system will be transmitted directly to an iPad or iPhone. All of the remote features will be transmitted with an iPhone or iWatch.

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What happened to the Elio using "tried and true" technology? Enough with the Elgin Dash and this smartphone app nonsense. Does nobody want a basic car? I wish Paul Elio would stop experimenting with a terrible idea for the dash and listen to the overwhelming consensus his customers have given; people who have given him money already.
dash 1.jpg

From a 1920 Chev Coupe, look no needle......

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jeez, guys, you all sound like a bunch of old fuddy duddys. What happened to the sense of adventure? The idea of trying something new to see if you like it? What is this poor old world coming to when something that was changed just before my third birthday is still considered the only way to do something? Give me a break! I can't wait to see my Elio the way Paul Elio envisions it. If I don't like it? I'll be sure to let you know. Pre-judge it? Not me. I want the adventure! All of the adventure! :-) Z

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
that is truly interesting .... I'll make every effort to ask when the tour comes to Raleigh in about a month

Jim
Please do -- some time has elapsed since that conversation, and it would be great to know current thinking. I'd be especially curious to know what info is in the base dash vs. the Skyzmatic add-on. Press 'em a bit and see if they squeak a bit ...

Top Bottom