• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You missed the point.
I understood your point, it was just mostly irrelevant. (Rate of change?! Have you ever seen a car dashboard that provides rate of change info for for the speedometer? Srsly, wtf?) No one gives a crap if Elio doesn't meet some aviation standard. The Elio isn't going to be certified by the FAA.

And if SAE does have a standard, it would be relevant.
Indeed it would be relevant, if that were a thing. But why would you assume that EM, with all the experience that these people collectively have in building cars, wouldn't know if there was a spec? (Or know that there is a spec, but be willfully ignoring it.) And what about the supplier building the dash and instrumentation, you'd think they'd know, too. That would be a HUGE mistake. Assuming that there is a spec, and that they didn't know about it, or are intentionally not following it, is calling them incompetent.

And I do take trips to Canada and plan to do so with Elio.
I hope you enjoy your trips. FWIW, even though my 2015 Dodge van has the speedometer marked in km/hr as a secondary scale, it's printed in red in small letters, and is illegible during normal driving.

Top Bottom