• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Delay To 2017 And Beyond

Hob

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
.. more exactly, the possibility that once production begins, EM would arrange for group delivery of reservation holder Elios to major regional locations. You know, metropolises like Minneapolis and the like. The places at which EM will eventually have retail centers.

Maybe they'll even have refreshments and a band.. who knows :rolleyes:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I asked the why not join forces with a major National/International Car Rental/Sales partner question a long time ago and contract Elio Store Space (Kiosks) staffed by EM sales reps. (Enterprise/Elio). It would also provide an excellent opportunity for Fleet/Rental sales! The response was "it's a little too early to discuss it". I sensed they were actually considering such a partnership. That partnering startegy would provide for the most efficient, cost effective Elio Store location roll out with locations in nearly every City across the USA.
I also sense that EM has their Delivery Partner lined up as well and doubt customers will be ripped with overcharges like we see with the NADA's Delivery & Dealer Prep. Charges listed on the window sticker.
I copied and pasted this onto the EMOA site, where I know a few truckers. "Hogwash"
Yes.. Don't remember exactly where though. I also recall that there would be grouped delivers arranged to major owner locations.

I don't know if anyone read what I posted in entry # 125 but delivery is already locked in at EM.
Yes you will be able to pick up your Autocycle at the plant.
Once the marshaling centers are operational, they will also have an option of having it delivered to your door for an additional $60 - $70

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It could be that this "large Company" owns its own trucks and drivers; to me that would make the most sense.
It would bypass the union drivers.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unions in trucking are almost completely gone. They were one of the first industries to really go against unions. There may still be some union car haulers, but all the major freight companies are non union.

Why even worry about car haulers that aren't set up for 3 wheelers anyway? With some tail to tail overlap, 6 to maybe 8 Elios will fit on a flatbed or in a standard dry van.

Heck, once the regional centers are set up, transport racks (that fold for return) might get as many as a dozen Es into a van

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
For the love of God! I hope it doesn't get pushed back at all. I hope they finally push this thing through and it comes out on schedule in 2016.
You and everyone else that has an All In membership.

Hello and :welcome: Adamant from the Pacific NW; I see you just joined us on Monday.
We've got a pretty diverse group here all waiting on the same thing.
We've got people from all age groups and walks of life; most pretty easy going; couple not so much but it all balances out and makes it all good.

And where on the left coast are you?

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You and everyone else that has an All In membership.

Hello and :welcome: Adamant from the Pacific NW; I see you just joined us on Monday.
We've got a pretty diverse group here all waiting on the same thing.
We've got people from all age groups and walks of life; most pretty easy going; couple not so much but it all balances out and makes it all good.

And where on the left coast are you?

Hello. I'm in good ol' California. Wonderful state, if we're not talking politics. As far as the Elio goes though, there is every type of tarrane you can imagine. My first goal is probably to hit the coast and drive the length of it all the way from SD up to Oregon. Seems like the perfect trip for the Elio.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm in good ol' California. Wonderful state, if we're not talking politics. As far as the Elio goes though, there is every type of tarrane you can imagine. My first goal is probably to hit the coast and drive the length of it all the way from SD up to Oregon. Seems like the perfect trip for the Elio.
I mentioned that cruise in a different thread; the full 101 PCH ride.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My friend tried that and gave up out of frustration. He was always stuck behind slow moving RVs and couldn't pass.

Reactions: Ekh
Top Bottom