• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Delay To 2017 And Beyond

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FWIW, I got the email from Elio about tomorrow's interview with the guy from Forbes -- which I'm going to miss. But I did follow the (lengthy) procedure to post questions, and I asked three:

1. Where do you plan to get the funding you need in addition to the $27 mm from crowd funding?
2. How big is the gap between what you have now and what you need to be able to begin production during 2016?
3. Are you open to foreign investment? Why or why not?

We'll see if any of these three are addressed.

Paul DeCrans

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Well, you need to do what this woman did.....:confused:.......:p.......:p......(I think she was serious).

unfortunately this is from the radio station where I am from and it turned out to be a hoax from the morning show people. That being said I do travel and there are a lot of dead deer on the side of the highways

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Then bring it back on track. Does anyone think we will see production and delivery of ELIO's in even 2017. It is not really worth talking about 2016.

until EM changes their projected date of mid 2016, that's all I have to go on .... we have been told to expect more news about the production schedule after the coming supplier summit, hopefully then the picture will become much clearer .... as of today, anyone outside of Paul and a few others, who claims to know anything for sure is just guessing

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If this delay is true I'm not surprised at all that we haven't heard about it before as it will curb interest and deposits.

Why is it not true or accurate? I would like to understand your reasoning...

It has been debunked. Please read below attached..............

Would anyone like to hear an "official" Elio response?
Here it is:

aaa6e97ed744b459c32fde7fc?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2Fframe_user.png

The Elio Customer Experience Team (Elio Motors)

Aug 4, 13:35

Hey Coss,

As far as the thing Jerome supposedly said about production (which he didn't - it was a miscommunication of some sort obviously).

Here is the answer: "Nothing has changed. The targeted production start date is still in mid-2016. This was a miscommunication between Jerome and a great fan of Elio, but it was a simple miscommunication. Jerome didn't say that production was delayed until anything but 2016". These things take on a life of their own, but please do not take rumors and make them into something bigger than they are. We communicate anything that happens with Elio Motors clearly and in a timely fashion and will continue to do that so you know what is really happening when we do.

Thanks again Garry.

Make sure to check out our blog at www.eliomotors.com/blog

Thank you,
The Elio Team

Top Bottom