• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bulge

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Living in Oregon we can't pump our own and our price is lower the the states I drive in where you have to pump your own. Also it helps create work for people
I remember having "stand-offs" when I had to gas a bike; I told him he could hand it to me and consider that fueling it; I never let them gas my bikes.
Cars, I didn't care, especially when it was pouring rain or really cold out; then I was happy they did it.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have thought of one reason to not put the exhaust up front.

On my corvairs the exhaust, exiting at the back, will some times be pulled in by the cooling fan through the louvers on top of the read deck lid. The exhaust exit and louvers intake are close together. This means the exhaust will also be dispersed inside by the heater.

If the exhaust exited in front behind the rear wheel, the same could happen.

However, this happens so rarely I may still exit the exhaust behind the front wheel.

But if it happened even once, Ralph Nader would criticize the elio saying it was unsafe at any speed.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I pump my own gas and live in Idaho. We can even chop our own firewood. No crap goin on here! We even passed autocycle legislation into law last year........we are a cutting edge State.
New Jersey and OREGON... Sorry about dissing Idaho. While living in Shreveport, Louisiana, a friend came to visit from New Jersey. Actually, she came down with a couple of friends, a guy and girl. At their first stop outside of New Jersey, they spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to pump gas. They'd never done it. THAT just amazes me. Three grown adults couldn't figure out how to pump gas.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New Jersey and OREGON... Sorry about dissing Idaho. While living in Shreveport, Louisiana, a friend came to visit from New Jersey. Actually, she came down with a couple of friends, a guy and girl. At their first stop outside of New Jersey, they spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to pump gas. They'd never done it. THAT just amazes me. Three grown adults couldn't figure out how to pump gas.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Grew up in NJ. First summer after high school ('62) worked the grave yard shift at a gas station between the Catskills and NY City. It wasn't bad enough running the pumps, but trying to figure out where the gas cap was and how to get at it on some of the older cars (like '56 Chevys) was a bear the first time around.

Top Bottom