• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bulge

Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "bulge" doesn't bother me at all. My only issue is that if there's going to be one on the r/h side, put one on the left to keep symmetry [it's probably in the 'options' list at EM]. You could use a l/h mounted 'bulge' for a nice place to mount a remote engine oil and tranny fluid coolers...great airflow, nice and protected. Custom bulges is on my list of mods.
Or stick in a couple of fishing poles.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "bulge" doesn't bother me at all. My only issue is that if there's going to be one on the r/h side, put one on the left to keep symmetry [it's probably in the 'options' list at EM]. You could use a l/h mounted 'bulge' for a nice place to mount a remote engine oil and tranny fluid coolers...great airflow, nice and protected. Custom bulges is on my list of mods.
And have to step over it every time you enter and exit? No thank you. Funny how the bulge bothers people due to symmetry and yet the single door or gas cap doesn't...

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And have to step over it every time you enter and exit? No thank you. Funny how the bulge bothers people due to symmetry and yet the single door or gas cap doesn't...

Granted, I haven't seen the P5 in person to size up 'the bulge', but, without actually walking out to my car, opening the door, and plopping my butt in the driver's seat, I'm sure my left foot is at least a foot away from the door sill. Looking at the rear view pic, it doesn't seem to me [IMHO] to be a problem. Won't know for sure until it's sitting in my driveway.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I still think the gas door should be on the same side as the car door for convenience of filling up.
Yes, It's a long walk around to the other side. lol The good news with the narrow Elio is the gas filler hose will conveniently reach the capless tank opening regardless of which side of the pump we're on.

My Dad owned a FULL SERVICE Texaco Station. FULL SERVICE (in case you've never experienced it lol) means customers drove up to the pump, not caring where the gas cap was and I greeted them with a smile, filled their tank, checked the oil, cleaned their bug spattered windows and headlights, took their money at the til, and thanked them for their business. The good ole days.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hear ya. I concede I'm one of those, but I do agree it is not based on logic. For me the cap on one side is acceptable but the bulge kind of trips me up. This is because the bulge is a sculpted thing and the cap is flush so at least the shape is the same on both sides.

Top Bottom