• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

Jim H

Elio Addict
I feel like such an idiot. I've seen the production date pushed back four (4) times. They've had my 'all in 1K" for almost two years. I, now, have to admit that I think this is a scam and I'm a big sucker. My reservation number is 3412...Does anyone besides me think they've been had ?
James Lee, my number is 3419 and I made my initial reservation in Oct 2013. No, I don't think it's a scam but I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't disappointed and a little discouraged about the delay in production. When I put down my first reservation I was told production would be in 2014 and then in April PE announced it had been pushed to 4th Qrtr 2015, and now mid- 2016. Elio has made a lot of progress in many fronts considering the limited funding. I knew it was a risk when I made my reservation but was hopeful that it would be produced. I still have that hope but am a little less optimistic now.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
You got it, this is pretty much the phase where the DOE decides whether to offer a loan or not with the actual loan details being negotiated in the next phase. EM is in the middle of the phase that really matters the most as the DOE is digging through everything submitted and asking for additional information and clarification as needed. Paul Elio even mentioned this is the recent interview where he said that EM continues to respond to questions and request from the DOE but it is hard to draw any conclusions from these requests. This due diligence is very specific to each applicant which also why there is not set timeline as it just takes a long as it takes for the DOE to do proper due diligence on EM. I have no doubt that any recommendations will also be run by the White House before we hear anything however that's just the way the game is played in DC.

I looked into the size of the DoE office that runs ATVM. Based on the budget, I would say 8-12 folks. Those people will be doing a lot of digging around. I found very little information though on the number of applications they are processing at any one time, so I have no way of hazarding a guess as to how those folks are slicing their time. I have to take issue with the idea that this will require White House oversight. Politics is indeed politics and I'm certain that Moniz will, in a cabinet meeting or notes, bring this up, but I doubt very much whether Obama will have much of a say. With a hostile Congress he isn't likely to get involved in tinkering with Federal Department business for fun and with ATVM potentially on the chopping block, this one is likely to live or die on merit alone. Good thing it has merit.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Personally I'm looking forward to having an affordable/safe vehicle my son and I can totally pimp out for his first "car" like a lot of guys did a generation or so ago. I think there was a lot of creativity and learning how stuff works, and how to make it better that came out of that. I could see my kid someday 3D printing some new air spoiler for an Elio.
I plan on having the same fun with my grandson.

Phil B

Elio Enthusiast
I thought the funding press release (you probably got it in your email today) was written by the same people who write President Obama's speeches. I lot of promising rhetoric and no substance. Whether Elio builds a vehicle all comes down to MONEY. Like many of the faithful, I am all in and I do have a number, but until there is real news that money has been secured, this vehicle will not be built.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
pure speculation on my part ====> based on the content of Elio Motors Tech Talk v52 (mentioned above), I suspect that the "powers who be" at EM have heard and understand the serious impact the recent funding news is having on those out here who support the company .... as such, they are in damage control mode .... if that is the case, its a good thing .... announcements like this provide reservation holders and others who are interested with info as to how the company is approaching the problem .... they need all of the positive press they can muster with solid funding news being the thing that will do the most good

John Painter

Elio Addict
I thought the funding press release (you probably got it in your email today) was written by the same people who write President Obama's speeches. I lot of promising rhetoric and no substance. Whether Elio builds a vehicle all comes down to MONEY. Like many of the faithful, I am all in and I do have a number, but until there is real news that money has been secured, this vehicle will not be built.
I thought it was rehashing previously released information, but it has clear substance; Elio has hired Corporate Fuel Securities to assist with this phase of fund raising for production. How would one be more direct than that? I do think Elio has had a challenge with putting too much information out that's too specific, that creates in a lot of peoples minds (including mine) an image that something is or isn't happening that has nothing to do with what's actually going on, because one can always go back and prove something was or was not communicated. I'm not sure if that is the corporate culture at Elio, or just the style of their PR team, either way it's problematic.

Think of the Queen of PR fails... Elio is nothing like her.
[Broken External Image]

Rickb

Elio Addict
I thought it was rehashing previously released information, but it has clear substance; Elio has hired Corporate Fuel Securities to assist with this phase of fund raising for production. How would one be more direct than that? I do think Elio has had a challenge with putting too much information out that's too specific, that creates in a lot of peoples minds (including mine) an image that something is or isn't happening that has nothing to do with what's actually going on, because one can always go back and prove something was or was not communicated. I'm not sure if that is the corporate culture at Elio, or just the style of their PR team, either way it's problematic.

Think of the Queen of PR fails... Elio is nothing like her.
[Broken External Image]
She now has her own network.