• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well everything changed once EM announced that funding was the main reason for the delays. Obviously I can't use Tesla anymore as an example that delays happens to make me feel good only because they have the money, EM don't. It's a scary thought that if they don't get the funding and their surplus equipment don't sell, it's all but over. Now wealthy investors won't have any problem jumping in and infuse the needed cash knowing now that this concept will surely sell based on lots of interest and almost 40,000 reservations- but they need more control of the company for it to happen, after all, it's their money! It maybe for everybody's benefit for Paul Elio to step down and let the big boys handle it, that is if he still wants his dream realized. So long as it still bears his name and the original design concept is respected, I think he can live with that. I for one still wants this realized but once the investors have control over it, get ready for the price change- $6,800. does not cut it anymore- we've been living in a dream that it's possible but investors needs to make money or what's the point of doing it. If the price they set is reasonable then I'll buy, if not, they can keep my $1,000. non-refundable thinking I helped make this 3 wheeler happen and created jobs! ;):(:cool:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well everything changed once EM announced that funding was the main reason for the delays. Obviously I can't use Tesla anymore as an example that delays happens to make me feel good only because they have the money, EM don't. It's a scary thought that if they don't get the funding and their surplus equipment don't sell, it's all but over. Now wealthy investors won't have any problem jumping in and infuse the needed cash knowing now that this concept will surely sell based on lots of interest and almost 40,000 reservations- but they need more control of the company for it to happen, after all, it's their money! It maybe for everybody's benefit for Paul Elio to step down and let the big boys handle it, that is if he still wants his dream realized. So long as it still bears his name and the original design concept is respected, I think he can live with that. I for one still wants this realized but once the investors have control over it, get ready for the price change- $6,800. does not cut it anymore- we've been living in a dream that it's possible but investors needs to make money or what's the point of doing it. If the price they set is reasonable then I'll buy, if not, they can keep my $1,000. non-refundable thinking I helped make this 3 wheeler happen and created jobs! ;):(:cool:
the voice of insight and reason.I know it's heresy to say, but P E goes to the bank with either scenairo.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Raising the capital to go into production is just another problem to be solved as having to design a new engine from the ground up was. I think everyone, especially Elio knows they are entering a fish or cut bait phase.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Where are people getting this incorrect notion that Paul Elio is not giving investors equity, or not enough equity, in Elio Motors in exchange for their investments?

It is a fact that every investor who has invested in Elio Motors has not just handed Paul Elio money in exchange for nothing but instead they received an equity stake, aka stock, in the company representative of the value of their investments. The current investors may support Elio Motors however in exchange for putting down millions of dollars they are going to ensure they are getting their moneys worth of equity in the company.

Right now Paul Elio also has a securities broker dealer who is actively advertising and pushing a private placement, which is a private stock offering, where what the SEC calls 'accredited investors' can walk up and purchase stock in Elio Motors. We know this is not the first time that EM has done a similar kind of private placement and that in a previous attempt EM had managed to line up a significant amount of investment only to see these investment deals collapse when EM was unable to secure the plant within a reasonable time period due to outside interference in the deal. Smart investors will not give a start-up such as EM a bunch of money at once but instead will do so in smaller increments over time as various milestones are reached.

Paul Elio is well aware of the fact that the only way private investors will invest money in Elio Motors is in exchange for equity in the company and he has in fact been selling equity in the company all along yet for some reason many reservation holders appear to believe otherwise.

Last edited:

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Where are people getting this incorrect notion that Paul Elio is not giving investors equity, or not enough equity, in Elio Motors in exchange for their investments?"

G1, where indeed do people get this kind of idea!? Having people like you and me putting down a bit of money in hopes of a product we want is in no way the same as serious investors. My word people, do a little research or do a little thinking. Do banks let you come in, ask for several thousands of dollars and walk out with no real assurance that they will get their money back? How much more saavy investors? They may like the product but they aren't going to invest without some reasonable assurance that they will get something in return for their $$$. Granted, nothing in life is absolutely assured (regardless of what modern American society would like you to believe). People investing in Elio aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts and, to tell the truth, neither am I! I would sincerely like 3 wheels beneath me, I'm greedy that way.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"Where are people getting this incorrect notion that Paul Elio is not giving investors equity, or not enough equity, in Elio Motors in exchange for their investments?"

we all know what is commonly said about opinions .. ;) .. while folks have every right to form their own opinions, it would really be nice if they did so based on facts, not on fantasies .... unfortunately, we have seen a flurry of negative opinions where folks add up 2 & 2 can come up with 5

cafengocmy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I put down 2000 dollars .have 2 reservations. was extremely excited for this vehicle. And initially when there was talk on facebook or at live displays they were so confident it was going to be built this summer. Then the delays happened. Im ok with that. But then i started noticing on facebook this last week or 2. People asking questions and elio made about 6 comments that i recall where they state there is a possibility the car wont happen. How do they go from its definately coming this summer to just a small delay to its possible it wont happen??
I sent my $1k. I don't really expect better than 50/50 that this will happen but it is worth the bet. When I was looking at this thing on the screen I was getting a lot of overtime and thus "extra" money so I made the bet. I suspect if it happens at all it will be a long time yet.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sent my $1k. I don't really expect better than 50/50 that this will happen but it is worth the bet. When I was looking at this thing on the screen I was getting a lot of overtime and thus "extra" money so I made the bet. I suspect if it happens at all it will be a long time yet.
cafengocmy, welcome from sunny New Mexico, land of enchantment and miles of great roads for the Elio. Enjoy the Elio experience and the journey with us. You will find many friendly and helpful people here on the forum.

Top Bottom