• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I signed it, but it only shows one signature.o_O
Regardless, we're going to need A LOT more signatures than what we can get from this forum. Maybe they could have a computer set up at the P4 shows to allow people sign right after they view it...assuming they liked what they saw.

I was wondering about it showing only one signature ??? .... in the for what it may be worth column, I have put a link on a camping forum that I administer

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I signed it, but it only shows one signature.o_O
Regardless, we're going to need A LOT more signatures than what we can get from this forum. Maybe they could have a computer set up at the P4 shows to allow people sign right after they view it...assuming they liked what they saw.
I believe, if you read the "thresholds" sticky on the We The People site, it explains it only shows up as searchable numbers if at least 150 people sign it. However as petition creator I can see there are six signers so far.
Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 11.24.13 AM.png

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's better not to rattle the cage in DC with petitions. This is the kind of project the current more liberal administration would support. IMO A petition rally at this late timing may put the matter into the spotlight grabbing the last minute attention of some NADA lobbyist having a what the hell moment and the debate begins. Trust the people you voted into office to make the right decision for you. It's a small loan in the grand scheme that will likely be approved by the DOE committee if EM meets all the necessary qualifications. That loan approval committee was appointed by our politicians and no doubt understands DC politics based on experience.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am sure non of the X GM workers are going to do any work without being union.
MK

understood .... it would seem logical that if they can make more working for EM than they can working where they are now (unemployed or whatever) that some if not most might be interested .... that said, if they do get non union jobs at EM, would you care to guess how long it will take to try an force unionization on the plant

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's better not to rattle the cage in DC with petitions. This is the kind of project the current more liberal administration would support. IMO A petition rally at this late timing may put the matter into the spotlight grabbing the last minute attention of some NADA lobbyist having a what the hell moment and the debate begins. Trust the people you voted into office to make the right decision for you. It's a small loan in the grand scheme that will likely be approved by the DOE committee if EM meets all the necessary qualifications. That loan approval committee was appointed by our politicians and no doubt understands DC politics based on experience.

I'm very ok with non-violent rattling cages if it shows there's a heart beat in this country. Generally I trust the people voted into public office. I don't always trust the people hired or appointed into particular positions of power that effect me. For example, I've always been bothered by how the FCC so cheaply doles out airwave spectrum so several large companies can charge me a better than fair amount for leasing back to me that airwave spectrum that belongs to all of us. I'm still waiting for a tax on air consumption, we pretty much already have a tax for breathing out. :D

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
My concern is that this sort of thing could cause the Republic party to automatically oppose it as part of their platform of opposing Obama regardless of the merits of the specific items they are opposing - which has actually led them to oppose the exact same things they themselves promoted prior to Obama. This is not a bash on Republicans but rather how oppositional politics have played, the Democrats have done similar things during Republican presidencies.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelio (RIP) will come back to life for me saying this .but I don't believe the Elio will ever happen .I put down $100 a couple years ago because I could afford to loose that much .The Elio is a great concept but I think it's just to big of a mountain to climb and it's taken way way to long .I could be wrong ya know .

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelio (RIP) will come back to life for me saying this .but I don't believe the Elio will ever happen .I put down $100 a couple years ago because I could afford to loose that much .The Elio is a great concept but I think it's just to big of a mountain to climb and it's taken way way to long .I could be wrong ya know .

To climb a big mountain you need the right person in the lead. That is not normally the one that got the idea to climb it in the first place. Dreamers don't very often stick to the hard work it takes to get things done. Right people on board ELIO will be built, wrong ones in charge it will be a foot note in auto history.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm very ok with non-violent rattling cages if it shows there's a heart beat in this country. Generally I trust the people voted into public office. I don't always trust the people hired or appointed into particular positions of power that effect me. For example, I've always been bothered by how the FCC so cheaply doles out airwave spectrum so several large companies can charge me a better than fair amount for leasing back to me that airwave spectrum that belongs to all of us. I'm still waiting for a tax on air consumption, we pretty much already have a tax for breathing out. :D
I would rather the Elio heartbeat not be loud enough for NADA lobbyists to detect so they can potentially snuff it out. Perhaps it's not a problem with only a slight risk, but why risk it.

Maybe Elio should take the Elio on tour to DC. Once there, load the P4 up with as many supporters as possible and drive it to the Whitehouse for a PR moment, but only after the ATVM loan approval........wearing this body wrap for the occassion: image.jpg The people's car: of, by, and for.

Top Bottom