• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It isn't up to the Parrish. Stewart Licter is in charge of leasing the plant. He has said he is behind Elio, and is in fact, on the board, but at the end of the day, his final responsibility is to Caddo Parrish. They also mentioned a Japanese firm is coming to take a look at the plant early next month. I don't think Elio is in danger as long as he gets his act together in the six month extension he was granted. After that, he will be fined for not providing the 1500 jobs he promised.
The fines are up to the Parish commission.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This will my last posting...

In my opinion...the Elio story has hit several major roadblocks...and will never enter production...

Too many broken promises...

I hope Mr Elio has the ethics & guts to make refunds to all deposit holders that wish to make that request...

Moderator's please remove my account...

Thanks!

TexasElio,

If you are still lurking, I wish you luck. I enjoyed your posts despite the lack of common ground. I must take issue with the notion that promises were made that have been broken. If you genuinely believe that Paul promised production by a certain date then you have misinterpreted his confidence as a guarantee and the only issue you have is with your own lack of judgement.

Paul does indeed have it in his power to meet promised technical specifications but only a fool would seriously hold him to circumstances largely beyond his control. He gets to decide what color the wheels are and if he tells you they will be purple, well we can be pretty sure they will be. He does not get to decide who gives him money, when, and under what terms - others do that. This viewpoint has been articulated here by me any many others. If you choose to disagree, that's fine. But do not claim that you were misled. Find me his quote saying "I guarantee we will be in production by date X." Then I will eat my crow.

When I invest in something I do so with full awareness that I am undertaking some risk that my investment will fail. Paul has been extraordinarily forthcoming about every aspect of design and business development prospects, frequently when there is no evident reason to do so and often in near realtime. I interpret this as an excellent sign - in my experience transparency usually goes hand in hand with success as those hiding something usually have a great deal to hide.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This will my last posting...

In my opinion...the Elio story has hit several major roadblocks...and will never enter production...

Too many broken promises...

I hope Mr Elio has the ethics & guts to make refunds to all deposit holders that wish to make that request...

Moderator's please remove my account...

Thanks!
Drama Queen.

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a lot invested into this project, at this point, I believe that there is too much to lose to just let Elio die. Not that it is too big to fail, but the project us too far along to stop it.

Everything is in place except some capitol, some capital that will come. Remember that is what is holding production, capitol. Be patient, it will come.

Edit: I admitted I am a blind believer, but if we didn't have dreamers and people to believe in their dreams, we'd still be living in caves.

Top Bottom