• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Ask About Interior Noise?

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It’s cool, I think I might be one of the ones getting to serious. I’m real OCDed when it comes to taxes above those required by the Constitution, and for some reason, I equate all these extra wanted options, to a forced tax on the ones that can’t afford it, the very ones this car was suppose to help. Sorry
You and I are in the same camp. Come visit some day, we'll go to the range :) . I think it's kind of cool that the Elio crosses all the demographics. It empowers individuals, puts America to work, helps free America from foreign oil as well as being greener than the greenest hybrid. Everyone can jump on board the Elio train.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lincoln has active noise cancelation too. It even serves as an enginevaudio enhancement at greater throttle openings to make the engine sound more robust, I guess. It works.
But guys.... Back to freaking reality here. It's being developed as a $6800 economy transportation! And here we are talking about Caddy's, BMW, Mercs and etc. If you want the ultimate in noise cancelation, invest in a really good full face helmet, like a motorcycle operator is supposed to have.
We are already forgetting that this is classified as a motorcycle. Talk about wanting this to be all things to all people.... It just cannot be.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We are already forgetting that this is classified as a motorcycle. Talk about wanting this to be all things to all people.... It just cannot be.

The Elio won't be classified as a motorcycle by the time it's released. Even if it is classified an autocycle, helmets won't be required. New legislation is being developed in most states to accommodate the Elio, and the others like it that will follow.

Try to think through your statement to 'wear a full-face helmet' clearly. Do you actually think wearing a full-face helmet - inside a vehicle - will be safer? You're kidding right? Trolling us? Yes, yes, they wear them in race cars. Well, when was the last time a Nascar driver had to look both ways before crossing a busy street, or rely on peripheral vision to scan for wildlife, pedestrians and playing children? Simply stupid to consider wearing a full-face helmet inside a vehicle on city streets.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don's expect a super quiet ride from the Elio if it really is that bad Dynamat or something similar should help. I thought because its a composite body helps a little in interior noise? I think its too much to ask at the 6800$ price point to expect Cadillac sound deadening.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio won't be classified as a motorcycle by the time it's released. Even if it is classified an autocycle, helmets won't be required. New legislation is being developed in most states to accommodate the Elio, and the others like it that will follow.

Try to think through your statement to 'wear a full-face helmet' clearly. Do you actually think wearing a full-face helmet - inside a vehicle - will be safer? You're kidding right? Trolling us? Yes, yes, they wear them in race cars. Well, when was the last time a Nascar driver had to look both ways before crossing a busy street, or rely on peripheral vision to scan for wildlife, pedestrians and playing children? Simply stupid to consider wearing a full-face helmet inside a vehicle on city streets.

I hope its not classified as a motorcycle as I don't want to take a motorcycle test. Not to mention how much it would cost for motorcycle insurance for someone like me under 25 with no riding experience and no formal training

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

With all due respect, You have no idea what you are talking about. Have you ever worn a good helmet? Vision is just fine. But I digress...
If it gets classified as a car, the project is D. O. A. The amount of extra regulations for safety, emissions alone would double the price and the development time.
But that aside, I was referencing interior noise. If you want it to be as quiet as a lexus, you better be wearing a helmet. It was a joke, mostly. One that was lost on you.

And no. I don't expect people to wear a helmet in it. But do not ask that this be classified as anything close to a car. If you do, please look into all the 'extras' required for a 'car'. And don't jump all over me until you know exactly what you are talking about please.
Some hints for you. Look into why mahindras are not being imported yet. Getting a powertrain certified by the EPA for a 'car' is prohibitively expensive. It's not too tough for a cycle.
There's a lot more method to the madness at elio than meets the eye.

Last edited:
Top Bottom