• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aftermarket Mods

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That looks nice. I will consider that also. Not liking the yellow light in center of fenders

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the center fender lights either. Maybe something on the outside of the fenders for the other drivers to see how wide your track is. Some of the goodies off the Can-Am Spyder site could be useful right out of the box, some might need some modification to make them look right on an Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These would be a cool light design to mount on top of the Indian Fenders. Personally I tthink reflectors on the side and or bottom back of the fenders would be adequate for nightime visability.
image.jpg

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In addition to a handful of factory options, I'm considering fog lights primarily for visibility to others, flashing brake light or CHMSL above the trunk hinge line, GPS, alarm, air horns, interior lights, tints, and aftermarket dash (assuming the Elgin dash is standard), paint or trim rings for the wheels, and some kind of reflectors/lights on the front wheel fairings. All of these can be done either as options or over time in the aftermarket to spread the cost. A few other incidentals include a QI charging pad for my phone, a pocket to the right of the driver's seat for my legal and insurance docs (in lieu of a glove compartment), and a small tool box with goop, tire pressure gauge, my Leatherman tool, a couple of wire ties and a small collection of fuses and other parts that might come in handy on the road.

Although I've loved the moonroofs in the last several cars I've owned, I'll probably give it a pass on my Elio. After all, with windows so close on either side, the need for another overhead in what's about a 14" space between the rails, may be overkill. That, and the tropical sunshine we get here might be more of a challenge to the AC than it's worth.

There looks like there might be excess space accessible under the hood for that little toolbox. I bought one last week, but my daughter's already appropriated it for her curlers.
hahano-smiley.gif

Geordie97

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
We recently sold our Goldwing motorcycle so the Elio will be replacing that as our "toy" and go in to the spare garage. I love the idea of the flashing brake lights (which we had on the Wing) and can probably use the same kit to wire it in. I had modulating headlights on the wing, which I loved. During the day they really allowed people to see us and the federal law allows them on all motorcycles in all 50 states so it will be interesting to see if they can be put on the Elio since the federal gov't considers it a motorcycle. Since there is no rear window, I like the idea of the sun/moon roof but maybe having the rear windows would provide enough extra light in for the passenger. There are a number of after market lighting kits available for fenders, etc. for motorcycles that I'm sure we can find some that will go on the Elio fenders.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
In addition to a handful of factory options, I'm considering fog lights primarily for visibility to others, flashing brake light or CHMSL above the trunk hinge line, GPS, alarm, air horns, interior lights, tints, and aftermarket dash (assuming the Elgin dash is standard), paint or trim rings for the wheels, and some kind of reflectors/lights on the front wheel fairings. All of these can be done either as options or over time in the aftermarket to spread the cost. A few other incidentals include a QI charging pad for my phone, a pocket to the right of the driver's seat for my legal and insurance docs (in lieu of a glove compartment), and a small tool box with goop, tire pressure gauge, my Leatherman tool, a couple of wire ties and a small collection of fuses and other parts that might come in handy on the road.

Although I've loved the moonroofs in the last several cars I've owned, I'll probably give it a pass on my Elio. After all, with windows so close on either side, the need for another overhead in what's about a 14" space between the rails, may be overkill. That, and the tropical sunshine we get here might be more of a challenge to the AC than it's worth.

There looks like there might be excess space accessible under the hood for that little toolbox. I bought one last week, but my daughter's already appropriated it for her curlers.
hahano-smiley.gif

My plan is for a compact roll up toolkit along these lines likely mounted somewhere under the hood or under the dash.
81rWap-t6kL._SL1500_.jpg

Tony Gore

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one who really hates what they did with the headlights on the P4? P3 was much nicer, fender wells too. I hope they change that back on the production run.

But the first thing I think I would try to do is mod a spoiler on there.. Just a small subtle one, not the giant airplane wings like you see on most ricers. Remember the one from the Mazda MX3?

If they don't offer the P3 style well covers at the time of order, I may have to invest in an English Wheel and some sheet metal, lol.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Am I the only one who really hates what they did with the headlights on the P4? P3 was much nicer, fender wells too. I hope they change that back on the production run.

But the first thing I think I would try to do is mod a spoiler on there.. Just a small subtle one, not the giant airplane wings like you see on most ricers. Remember the one from the Mazda MX3?

If they don't offer the P3 style well covers at the time of order, I may have to invest in an English Wheel and some sheet metal, lol.

As many street rods as there are out there I'm sure finding fenders will be no problem.

9901MC8-1.jpg
9901MCL-1.jpg

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You are not the only one to dislike what they did with the headlights and the fenders. However, aerodynamics is a priority in getting to 84 mpg. Nevertheless, P3 fenders will be an option. A spoiler would likewise alter the aerodynamics negatively so it will not likely be an option.

Tony Gore

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are not the only one to dislike what they did with the headlights and the fenders. However, aerodynamics is a priority in getting to 84 mpg. Nevertheless, P3 fenders will be an option. A spoiler would likewise alter the aerodynamics negatively so it will not likely be an option.

Cool... I hope the P3 Fenders are an option at purchase. I could loose a bit on milage to get a nicer look. I can also live without the spoiler, but the P4 headlights have to go, and I hope for something not so "eye shaped" because to me, that look just changed this into a girls car. IDK, maybe it's just me but the P3 looked sporty, masculine and the P4 looks cutesy girly. I mean, I can tell you which one of these I would be proud to drive:

elios.jpg

Top Bottom