• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aftermarket Mods

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm probably a little too boring, but I just want the basics.
Want 5-speed, like the wheel covers, and am not looking for any wraps.
This is my thrifty car. I think the body alone will turn heads without me jazzing it up. I'm a simple Simon.
Maybe that's 'cause I live in Nebraska. If it's not a tractor; it turns heads.
View attachment 2617

I agree yogi that it's going to turn heads as is. But if that allis chalmers was reversed and fully enclosed it would get some looks too!;)

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The basic style works for me, although I'd prefer an Indian style fender with Bonneville lake style covers or some Baby Moons on color matched steelies.

$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"The basic style works for me, although I'd prefer an Indian style fender with Bonneville lake style covers or some Baby Moons on color matched ste

And a set of these and you'll be back in the 50's.

[Broken External Image]

.[Broken External Image]

DanS

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to see marker lights on the fenders or out wide on the front of the fuselage , eh, car, to make it appear larger at night.
I also plan to put a brake light flasher on mine to get the drivers attention behind me that I'm breaking. I've driven a motorcycle all my life and I know that the smaller you are on the road, the less respect you receive.
I agree with the marker/turn lights on the fenders and the flashing tail light. GREAT IDEAS!

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the marker/turn lights on the fenders and the flashing tail light. GREAT IDEAS!
I'm not a great mechanic, but have been wondering how to run the power wires to the fenders? With all that exposed space between the body and fenders, I think it woud be tricky to do, and not see them.:confused:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not really a problem running power out to the fenders that I can see with some good quality primary wire and some waterproof connectors. I'm putting four of these babies on mine (one on each upper and lower wishbone). Bottom ones yellow for use as fog lights, upper ones for that 'little something extra' for the dark country roads.

Spyderlights.jpg

RickD

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like the new wheel covers. It will protect the Elio more from road grime, rocks and dirt from flying into the side as your going around corners. Probably will have a bit better gas mileage also. I'm thinking I may paint flames on the covers, maybe. I may hang dice from the rear view camera also. Just maybe.
Bird, that's my thoughts exactly. I also like your flames idea!

Top Bottom