• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aftermarket Mods

Larryrc1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I asked them at Lenox if the roll bar left enough room between them to fit in a modded sunroof, he said there will be a lot of mods made for it and yes there should be able to cut one in if that's what you want. I think it would be too cool and it wouldn't weaken the roof at all. Break out the sawzaw and let's get to cutting! Lol
YIPEEEEE:D WHY STOP THERE, LETS MAKE A COMPLETE RAG TOP. OF COURSE LEAVE THE ROLL BAR IN PLACE:rolleyes:

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not really a problem running power out to the fenders that I can see with some good quality primary wire and some waterproof connectors. I'm putting four of these babies on mine (one on each upper and lower wishbone). Bottom ones yellow for use as fog lights, upper ones for that 'little something extra' for the dark country roads.
This question will probably get buried in the thread, here, but I'm hoping the Elio won't have a CANbus electrical system, given the electrical mods I'd (we'd) like to do. The 2014 H-D's are now CANbus and ANY electrical modification - like adding 3rd party lights, flashing brake lights, modulating headlights - is throwing electrical error codes.

Let's hope KISS and $6800 keeps that at bay.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Ever since I saw that solid back hatch my first thought was to cut it and put a glass hatch in it's place; or just cut a hole in it and lay a piece of tinted glass in (I did custom sunroofs , T-tops and other mods to vehicles for over 16 years).
But to have it fit the modern era I've decided I'll be doing cameras and sensors; mount the screen above the windshield inside.
I'll do a forward camera also; have one now and praise it every time I go driving.

Tony Gore

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever since I saw that solid back hatch my first thought was to cut it and put a glass hatch in it's place; or just cut a hole in it and lay a piece of tinted glass in (I did custom sunroofs , T-tops and other mods to vehicles for over 16 years).
But to have it fit the modern era I've decided I'll be doing cameras and sensors; mount the screen above the windshield inside.
I'll do a forward camera also; have one now and praise it every time I go driving.

I was thinking maybe just a dashboard DVR like the one's that have forward and rear cameras... A nice 5" - 7" screen mounted on the dash or somewhere in the console to get a quick rear view when needed. A backup camera was one of the first mods I thought about doing since there is no rear window.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the new wheel covers. It will protect the Elio more from road grime, rocks and dirt from flying into the side as your going around corners. Probably will have a bit better gas mileage also. I'm thinking I may paint flames on the covers, maybe. I may hang dice from the rear view camera also. Just maybe.
Can't hang dice as no inside rear view mirror. I'd like a stencil or sticker I could put on the big rear panel where a rear window normally would be that says American made, 5 star safety rating, 84 mpg highway, 49 mpg city, $6,800, just so I don't have to answer the same questions over and over everywhere I go. I also agree that a sunroof is a real pain, the wife has one on her '09 Impala and it makes noise even partially open. I wonder if I can fit a gun rack in one of the rear side windows for that redneck vibe?

Top Bottom