• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aftermarket Mods

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm probably a little too boring, but I just want the basics.
Want 5-speed, like the wheel covers, and am not looking for any wraps.
This is my thrifty car. I think the body alone will turn heads without me jazzing it up. I'm a simple Simon.
Maybe that's 'cause I live in Nebraska. If it's not a tractor; it turns heads.
View attachment 2617

However, I really like looking at the possibilities and ideas people have for their cars. Very creative, and I think it's great! :D
Dig it! I have a 1948 Allis Chalmers Model G! Rear engine, 4 cylinder flat head Continental, 62 cubic inches, 10 hp at the flywheel, 8 hp at the drawbar. I have a Troybilt horse rototiller with a single cylinder Briggs and Stratton with 8 horse. 3 more cylinders 2 more horses, but I love 'Allis'

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure this is the right thread, but I've still been thinking about the times when additional storage/cargo space is needed. (move this post if I've chosen wrong)
Bear with me.
The rear wheel cover is supposed to be either removeable, or hinged, right?
"IF" it can be safely removed, why not have another one to put in its place that has additional storage pods and/or a "trunk" added onto the back? it'd be easy to place the lis plate on it, and it wouldn't interfer with the lighting already installed!
Normal days back and forth to work, the stock cover. Heading out for a weekend jaunt, put the cover with good cubic storage space built into it!
Hey you remarkable people and your renderings, can you come up with a picture based on my words??

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
although my dr assured me that it wouldn't happen with my new meds, my mind keeps wandering back to my ELIO.
For a brief moment I had this great idea to accessorize my car, for very little $.
How cool I thought to paint a passenger door
and two rear doors (the rear like the RX7/8? and Saturn- with the proper shading for the front handle!!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure this is the right thread, but I've still been thinking about the times when additional storage/cargo space is needed. (move this post if I've chosen wrong)
Bear with me.
The rear wheel cover is supposed to be either removeable, or hinged, right?
"IF" it can be safely removed, why not have another one to put in its place that has additional storage pods and/or a "trunk" added onto the back? it'd be easy to place the lis plate on it, and it wouldn't interfer with the lighting already installed!
Normal days back and forth to work, the stock cover. Heading out for a weekend jaunt, put the cover with good cubic storage space built into it!
Hey you remarkable people and your renderings, can you come up with a picture based on my words??

upload_2014-11-2_16-35-53.png

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
nice .... I can easily see an Elio with that configuration being in high demand for many businesses that need to haul small loads, a few tools or things like that

Jim

Top Bottom