• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aftermarket Mods

wjdom

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I use a "Car Bra" on my Sonata when on long road trips, really helps keep the bugs n rocks from dinging the front end. I'm sure that company will make that available PDQ.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If I can pull the fenders off and find some wire spoke wheels, I'm doing it.

The fender come off very easily as they are only held on by four screws. I expect to see a lot of custom fender and open fender Elios out there as this is one of the easiest mods to do.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just like every other vehicle on the road, someone is sure to do some mild to wild modifications (probably me :D) but can you imagine one as a limo? How about a low rider or AWD with 33's on it, air ride (that I might do (air ride not the 33's).
Add a turbo, tuned exhaust chrome pipes on the outside. Ok I'm really reaching on some of these but dreams and imagination cost nothing and just open your mind to a world of possibilities. Or it might just be me, I built surveillance vehicles, custom vans, cars, boats and planes for over 20 years and there are times I just can help myself. **** We'll now return you to your own reality ********

Yogi Leigh

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm probably a little too boring, but I just want the basics.
Want 5-speed, like the wheel covers, and am not looking for any wraps.
This is my thrifty car. I think the body alone will turn heads without me jazzing it up. I'm a simple Simon.
Maybe that's 'cause I live in Nebraska. If it's not a tractor; it turns heads.
imagesWI39IYK5.jpg

However, I really like looking at the possibilities and ideas people have for their cars. Very creative, and I think it's great! :D

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The fender come off very easily as they are only held on by four screws. I expect to see a lot of custom fender and open fender Elios out there as this is one of the easiest mods to do.

Decided to do a little research yesterday and found a local custom motorcycle fabrication shop that said they can easily make some custom fenders to go around a set of wire wheels. That mod will be easy considering any custom motorcycle shop already does that sort of thing all the time.

Flyboy1260

Reaction score
I would like to see marker lights on the fenders or out wide on the front of the fuselage , eh, car, to make it appear larger at night.
I also plan to put a brake light flasher on mine to get the drivers attention behind me that I'm breaking. I've driven a motorcycle all my life and I know that the smaller you are on the road, the less respect you receive.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about a vehicle cover I live in the wintery north east, so I will only be driving mine 6 months a year.

This is one of the items I plan on making and possibly mass producing. People who have the room will put it in the garage but this would be helpful for those that don't. I was thinking it would be great for road trips too. Cover it up while your at the hotel since you can't drive it in your room like I've done with the bike

Top Bottom