• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeremy Clarkson Finally Falls Foul Of The Bbc; Top Gear Episode Cancelled!

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although I did like the piece on the Reliant Robin.
It put a lot of Mike Brewer's and Edd China's comments about the Bond Bug in context.

Be aware that like everything you see on Top Gear, it was all rigged, although the Reliant three wheelers do have "stability issues" (I've personally helped put one back on its wheels, the driver panic braked and swerved, after his inattention whilst tailgating almost caused him to hit the car in front - over it went, as advertised).

I know most of the Reliant 3 wheeler people on the video and keep in touch with some of them. Steve White (the one with no front teeth) has been round to my place a few times in the past.They told me that JC's Reliant was rigged to be more unstable than normal, e.g. it had one rear wheel bigger than the other and was bias ballasted. The petrol tank was removed, too and a roll cage was fitted. Note that it always fell over on the same side!

Sadly, the Reliant owners agreed to do the programme in good faith, and they all had a good laugh about it. Unfortunately, the screening of it resulted in a campaign amongst some of the "brain dead" to turn over as many parked Reliants as they could find. A lot of damage was done to the cars of innocent people. Some of them were on very low incomes and lost their only transport....

Anyhow, at the moment, unless this is another publicity stunt (it might be, but I doubt it), the future of Jeremy Clarkson on TG looks very much in doubt.

Last edited:

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMO the show has out lived it's usefulness. Clarkston has gotten so full of himself and their antics so forced I don't watch it anymore. There is always something better on the motor trend and hot rod channel of you tube and hot rods road kill is way better than TG ever was. Road kill is the best show on any venue IMO.

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMO the show has out lived it's usefulness. Clarkston has gotten so full of himself and their antics so forced I don't watch it anymore. There is always something better on the motor trend and hot rod channel of you tube and hot rods road kill is way better than TG ever was. Road kill is the best show on any venue IMO.

I totally agree with your thoughts on TG. Totally contrived, they have to go to ever greater extremes to find new material.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems like it was about this time last year that Clarkson got into the same kind of trouble with supposed racial slurs. Now I've been a fan of TG for several years, and i appreciate the interplay between the curmudgeonly Clarkson, the often snippy Hammond and the pedantic May; it's their bread and butter - so don't expect this "suspension" to last long. BBC's most popular international program won't be sacked by some bluenosed government official.

Nobody ever accused Clarkson of being politically correct and he's made a career of his character making the program BBC's top ranked export, ahead of Doctor Who, Frozen Planet, and Torchwood. TG brings a fortune in overseas sales and franchise fees to BBC and they're not about to kill the goose who regularly lays golden eggs. Considering the size of Top Gear's global franchise, Clarkson, Hammond, & May would seem to be in control here. If Clarkson does get the sack, the trio would do well to walk out and take a new program into worldwide syndication either on cable or internet streaming - and offer up two fingers to the BBC. Don't think they can't do it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Top Bottom