• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeremy Clarkson Finally Falls Foul Of The Bbc; Top Gear Episode Cancelled!

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some of the incidents were never on the air, but happened on rehearsals. The one about the racial slur was during a "practice" filming that he said it and a local heard him and got their panties in a wad; another was the license plate on the car he was driving in Argentina; the local officials said it was a slam about the war over the Falkland's. The list goes on, but it was that someone had it in for him. The final straw was him arguing and punching out a producer that was just a jerk. What I have read is that Netflix has approached Jeremy and offered him is show where he'll have complete control; no word on the outcome of that yet. May and Hammond, well it was contract time for them and since Jeremy was already making a HUGE box of money there I'm sure they felt they deserved an equal share. All of this is speculation and rumors that are floating around, no one really know the whole story or if we'll ever get the whole story.

And some don't even care.... ;)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
at present it looks like the principles will go on with plans for a tour of "Clarkson, Hammond and May Live" that could well become the next generation of a "Top Gear"-like program - under another banner.

How about "top gear, bottom drawer" for a title? Jeremy was definitely too rank for some. I like the show, but it does get aggravating. Those three can't be as totally daft as they appear to be; and if their antics are thought-through, even scripted, their sense of fun is clearly their own. I'll miss the show.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Clarkson fell into the trap of believing in himself too much.

He was so far up his own backside, he could see daylight.

Caesar returns to Rome to celebrate the honor of his defeat of Pompey, who used to be his friend and co-ruler of Rome. Caesar feels no shame in this, and is equally shameless when he announces to a crowd that his own wife is barren, and openly tells Cassius that he doesn’t like him. Clearly, Caesar is pompous. He’s gotten this far by being brazen, but he has no shame or fear of others.

Caesar’s last speeches are probably the most telling about him. As Metellus begs for his brother, Caesar places himself above other men because he is not flattered (or moved to pity) by other men’s sad states. Later, Caesar compares himself to the North Star, thinking he is the only one among all men who cannot be moved........:D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
They ( Clarkson, Hammond and May) made a deal with Amazon prime. May start filming this fall!
Great news; I wonder what they'll call it? And being on Amazon you can most likely kiss censorship goodbye.

I heard that they hired a whole new crew to continue Top Gear too. I don't think Top Gear with new hosts will ever be the same. Probably come off more like the American version of TG.

Top Bottom