• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2015 - 16 Nfl Fan Talk Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What a way to start the season, I penciled in BAL for a loss but not losin T-Sizz with an ACL ... that is gonna hurt bad this season. But hey everyone had us getting stomped again by Denver but Ol Man...well he looked every bit that 38 over throwing and lack of zip in his passes.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What a way to start the season, I penciled in BAL for a loss but not losin T-Sizz with an ACL ... that is gonna hurt bad this season. But hey everyone had us getting stomped again by Denver but Ol Man...well he looked every bit that 38 over throwing and lack of zip in his passes.
I would take Peyton Manning on my team, the man has some great stats, and the slow isn't from age, it's from abuse; he's been playing since 1998 so this is his 18th season. His stats speak for themselves:
Roster status: Active
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 1, 2015
Pass attempts:
Pass completions: 5,951
Percentage: 65.5
TDINT: 530–235
Passing yards: 69,866
Passer rating: 97.3

And if it wasn't for that coke head owner he'd still be at Indy but going to Denver put him in a better situation Division-wise

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Fan TAS tic weekend of NFL football. Loved it!

Wish I would have seen more of the Sunday night game, Giants/Cowboys. Great play and bad decisions filled that game.

Six road teams won games so far in Week 1. Both road teams are favored in tonight's 2 MNF games.

Interesting questions to be answered from week 1:
  • what happened to the Colts? They were never in the game at Buffalo; answer: 3 turnovers, plus couldn't run the ball
  • will the Texans switch to Mallett for week 2? They did in the 4th qtr yesterday, but he didn't impress me any more than Hoyer
  • I know Eli got paid by the Giants, but... DANG boy, should you stop the clock on 3rd down? Dallas was out of timeouts, and Romo became on the following drive the QB to lead the most 4th qtr comebacks in NFL history; Eli is a veteran, he should know better
  • why does Manziel continue to look a bit lost at times? He needs to realize the NFL defenders are very fast and can't be outrun; good luck to him as he starts most likely week 2
  • are the Dolphins that bad or the Redskins that good? Miami needed a punt return late to help give them the lead and win at Warrrshington
  • will the Ravens defense be able to continue their dominance without Suggs? He's gone for the year with a torn Achilles. We shall see.
  • I haven't had a chance to analyze the Seahawks/Rams game, must've been a great one! Hawks score 18 in the 4th qtr to take the lead, then Foles leads the Rams back to tie it, then the Rams win in OT after Sea decides to do some sort of strange mortar kick that supposedly was to avoid the Rams awesome kick returner but ended up only going like 8 yds. Not sure what happened there, but looks like poor execution by the Sea kicker.
  • how did the Lions lose at San Diego? By giving up 23 2nd half points. Philip Rivers does it again!
  • when this rookie season ends for Mariotta and Winston, which player will have had the better season? Notice I didn't say which team, 'cuz right now, the Titans look like a better team; but Mariotta did play extremely well, and Winston: not so much. It's only one game, I'm anxious to see how these 2 top draft picks do for the season
  • how many pts did the Raiders score before they allowed 33 to the Bengals? Um.... not very many. The Raiders are supposed to be better this year. We'll see.
Two good games for tonight. Will the Eagles hurry-up offense trample the Falcons defense? Will Ryan get time to throw vs the Eagles pass rush? Will the announcers say Chip Kelly's name over 20 times or under?

The court of public opinion says the 49ers defense will not be good. But is it bad enough to make the Vikings (the Vikings??) a favorite over the home 49ers? If Adrian Peterson has anything to say about it... yes.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Good overview Jeff.
Don't bother with the Seattle St Louis game, our problem was a really weak secondary when they used to dominate; an O line that just wasn't there and some really big people on the Rams (they must all have Pez dispensers of PED's). The Hawks looked like a college team.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And if it wasn't for that coke head owner he'd still be at Indy but going to Denver put him in a better situation Division-wise

Yeah, I hear ya, hindsight is 20-20, but at the time, Manning hadn't played for a year, had the vertebrae fused in his neck, they were concerned about the nerves in his throwing arm... yes there was a big demand for Manning at the time, and Denver was happy to get him, but the Colts drafted Andrew Luck, and the Colts have arguably been just fine since.

And yes, Denver has won the division every year Manning has been there, but the Colts have been 11-5 in 3 yrs with Luck, and won the division twice.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good overview Jeff.
Don't bother with the Seattle St Louis game, our problem was a really weak secondary when they used to dominate; an O line that just wasn't there and some really big people on the Rams (they must all have Pez dispensers of PED's). The Hawks looked like a college team.

Thanks! Hang in there Coss, Seattle will be ok I think. Does Wilson need to get rid of the ball more quickly? I know he can scramble really well, but maybe he holds on to it too long, I dunno. The Rams defensive line is really good, maybe the Hawks o-line will be better next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom