• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2015 - 16 Nfl Fan Talk Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a big NFL fan (Go Seahawks!)
And we've talked NASCAR in here during the year.
So I felt it's about time we all have a page for NFL Football

I don't do College simply because there are just way too many teams to follow and everyone knows more about their local schools that all of the teams playing in all the divisions.

SO ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!

So tonight season kick off It Pittsburg Steelers vs. New England Patriots

Or as I like to call it, EE's FOOTS BOLL TIME

Tonight E's Ben Rottenberger and his Stealers, Drunks and druggies vs. Tom "Cry Baby" Brady and his Cheaters.

Go git them Ben!!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry... I can't jump on either of those bandwagons!!!

Go FALCONS! You heard it here first. There IS no bandwagon for the Falcons. I'm just hoping hey make it to the playoffs.

I hope you two realize I'm kidding about being on a bandwagon... $84M to Payton... he had better be worth it or you'll struggle with the cap.

Instigator, my wife is a little miffed that you guys picked up DeMarcus Murray. Yeah, she is a Cowboys fan (and Saints... bitch)

:D

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I'm a big NFL fan (Go Seahawks!)
And we've talked NASCAR in here during the year.
So I felt it's about time we all have a page for NFL Football

I don't do College simply because there are just way too many teams to follow and everyone knows more about their local schools that all of the teams playing in all the divisions.

SO ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!

So tonight season kick off It Pittsburg Steelers vs. New England Patriots

Or as I like to call it, EE's FOOTS BOLL TIME

Tonight E's Ben Rottenberger and his Stealers, Drunks and druggies vs. Tom "Cry Baby" Brady and his Cheaters.

Go git them Ben!!

Way to go Coss! You are absolutely right, let's get this NFL thread goin'. Who's your team?

Good to see / re-see the teams that our forum folks like. Good season-starting game last night. Brady can't run if he needs to, but he doesn't need to very often. That hurry-up offense of the Patriots really caught Pitt's defense unawares for too many plays last night. Ten men on the field for Pitt's defense once, plus leaving Gronkowski uncovered at the line or during the play is just not an option.

I'll do some very brief analysis of games that I see some of us are fans of the teams:

Seattle @ St. Louis - Will the Rams be able to run the ball? Gurley RB is out, Tre Mason RB is questionable. Will Seattle be able to cover the spread, currently 4? The heck with the spread, they need to win, Rams have beaten Sea 2 of last 3 in St. Louis. Will Jimmy Graham catch a TD pass? I'm thinking yes. I predict a close one.

Philadelphia @ Atlanta - this is the early Monday Night game; Phi favored 2.5, and the Falcons defense may struggle to keep it that close; may be a high scoring game; Falcons O-line has to give Ryan time to throw.

Baltimore @ Denver - should be a great game; Den favored by 4.5; Broncos defense may be really good this year, and as long as Manning is at QB, they can score as many pts as needed to win; Ravens obviously need to pressure Manning, and that's easier said than done. Ravens offense may struggle.

Kansas City @ Houston - my Chiefs will need to account for Watt and Clowney on every play that KC has the ball, and then Watt on any plays that Houston has the ball! Eeesh. Hou is favored, but I don't see a number on ESPN's page currently. Will the KC o-line be able to come together for Week 1? Lots of rookies, guys at new positions, guys hurt, etc. Will Houston be able to run the ball? No Arian Foster, Blue will try to make the KC defense blue. KC defense only allowed 6 rushing TDs all of last year. Should be a close game.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Where I grew up you were either a fan of the Cleveland Clowns or the Detroit Pusscats. Between them they haven't won anything in over 50 years. And, the future looks bleak. Go Buckeyes!

I'm with ya, the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game since 1993. I think Detroit will give Green Bay some competition for the division title this year. Cleveland has a ton of talent, they just need above avg QB play and they might be above .500 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom