• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wrap That Rascal

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or consider this amazing alternative. I call it "carred and feathered." (Actually saw this in Seattle about 8 years ago).

_DSC6099 art car seattle.jpg

Last edited:

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Skins have infinite possibilities . Anything you can create in a graphics program can be transferred to wraps It is definitely a possibility when my Elio becomes available . White base color with ghost black wrap graphic .

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A question for those who know. Is it possible to clear coat over the wrap?
We used to do so with pin stripes and such, but that doesn't mean it'd work with a wrap.

Reactions: DWR

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
A question for those who know. Is it possible to clear coat over the wrap?
We used to do so with pin stripes and such, but that doesn't mean it'd work with a wrap.
I don't know if you would need to; you can get wraps that look like they have 85 coats of clear on them (or 2 dec-a-pour coats)

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if you would need to; you can get wraps that look like they have 85 coats of clear on them (or 2 dec-a-pour coats)

I ask, as duration is a consideration. My color choice of the day has changed, but may go back to orange "if" the scheme I am thinking about would only last a year or two.

Reactions: DWR

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I ask, as duration is a consideration. My color choice of the day has changed, but may go back to orange "if" the scheme I am thinking about would only last a year or two.

Yep. When you mentioned it earlier I was thinking UV protection and edge sealing. Made sense if it would adhere good.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

That would be dependent on what the wrap is made of; I'm sure some could handle being cleared; while others would melt (like clear lacquer on a decal).
You would have to get a sample of the wrap and take that to your paint supplier to test on. I'm pretty sure they could find a material combination that would work.
Or after it's wrapped get out the roll of clear Saran Wrap and go around once or twice. :D

Top Bottom