• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wrap That Rascal

Eric H

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of these nice photo shop Elio paint jobs and think that I might get this vehicle wrapped for a custom look.

I've read that the biggest cost in a really nice custom wrap is the initial pattern needs to get made to fit the car.

Once that's done there is a template to put a really nice design on to fit the car just right.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into vinyl wraps or what the process is in getting one made up. I'd be interested in putting money into a community pot if I could get get a copy of the file of the Elio skin pattern after one has been completed.

I love this retro look.
my8atady.jpg

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What little I know about wraps begins with the idea that this is not something you want to try yourself. Pricing for material is maybe 3-5 dollars a square foot. Individual panels are laid out and printed with a stock or custom design, more $$$. If custom work is being done, the artwork goes back and forth until it is approved by the client, more $$$. The wrap is finally attached to your vehicle in a fairly labor intensive process, $$$. A full body wrap for a full sized sedan could run at a bare minimum of $2500 up to well over $7500 for a custom wrap. Print quality is of major concern. The finer the detail the higher the resolution must be ised to render that detail and of course the more $$$$. Now the surface area of the Elio might only be a third to half of the sedan. Partial wraps can also be done and this along with some airbrushing is probably the way I will go.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From what I've read, Elio will be offering wraps as an upgrade. I believe it's listed under the retail portion of the website. We're wanting to get ours in licorice and have someone do a TRON detail job on it.

In the 'Store' section under 'personalization' wraps are sited as an option................ :)

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the 'Store' section under 'personalization' wraps are sited as an option................ :)
I would imagine that the wraps That will be Elio options will pretty much be low res stars bars stripes and scallops. Not saying that there won't be some cool graphics, just that they will remain fairly simple. Sometimes though the simplistic route is the best.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having listened to a friend in the biz, I'd guess if you left off the fenders and the rear wheel cover which would be the most labor intensive parts you'd be in the $2500 range.
I assume that would be a generic house designed full body wrap with the exception of the parts mentioned?? Elio ought to be somewhat less than that maybe half to three-quarters depending on the complexity of design. Please bear in mind that this is all speculation.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assume that would be a generic house designed full body wrap with the exception of the parts mentioned?? Elio ought to be somewhat less than that maybe half to three-quarters depending on the complexity of design. Please bear in mind that this is all speculation.
Ya... I was quoting for a quality wrap. Mass producing them would cut down on material cost. The reduced body size reduces square feet of material needed but the labor to fit it well remains pretty constant. Again though if they were slapped on at the factory they could cut corners. Me personally I'll stick with the basic paint or gel coat whatever it technically is.

Top Bottom