• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wings Over North Georgia Air Show, Rome, Ga - October 18 & 19

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Josh has done a great job helping get questions answered and Jerome and the Elio tour team were awesome as usual and very willing to answer all of our questions!

Unfortunately I was caught in a major traffic jam and it took me 2.5 hours to make it the last few miles into the show. But I did eventually get to see the Elio again and got to enjoy a visit with the back seat which was not too bad.

I was able to see a small part of the air show from the Parking Lot, in site of the Russel Field Road turn off. On any other day it is known as US Hiway 27. Whata mess.
I saw 8 helicopters at a cost of 52.14, the cost per helio was $6.5175, plus 130 miles worth of gas.
While sitting across from Fred's department store, a small problem developed, then it got to be a BIG problem. A pot of coffee before I left home and two bottles of water on the way up is what caused it. I'm sure others had the same problem.
I managed to break out of the jam, made a U turn and headed South to the 1st service station. After a short stop there I desided I did not want to try if again and headed home.
I'll see the P-4 in B'ham next Saturday.

rdoearth

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the wait was terrible. I got there about 10, thought rather than waiting in line I would go to the Hamfest down the road a piece first. When I came back the line was twice as long. It also took me 2.5 hours to get in the gate. Longest wait in traffic I think I have ever had to any event. Luckily my bladder held.

rdoearth

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DSC00015.JPGDSC00012.JPG DSC00010.JPG

I finally got to sit in the P4!

Some answers to questions I had:

The seat will have armrests
The engine will be completely aluminium (except for the sprayed liners of course)
The hood pins will have a lock on them
The trunk will have a lock
The nose may end up being a little bit narrower; the headroom for the passenger will be a bit better
The transmission will be the same for either standard or automatic. A conventional AT would be too heavy.
There will be many options

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I was able to see a small part of the air show from the Parking Lot, in site of the Russel Field Road turn off. On any other day it is known as US Hiway 27. Whata mess.
I saw 8 helicopters at a cost of 52.14, the cost per helio was $6.5175, plus 130 miles worth of gas.
While sitting across from Fred's department store, a small problem developed, then it got to be a BIG problem. A pot of coffee before I left home and two bottles of water on the way up is what caused it. I'm sure others had the same problem.
I managed to break out of the jam, made a U turn and headed South to the 1st service station. After a short stop there I desided I did not want to try if again and headed home.
I'll see the P-4 in B'ham next Saturday.
Yes, the wait was terrible. I got there about 10, thought rather than waiting in line I would go to the Hamfest down the road a piece first. When I came back the line was twice as long. It also took me 2.5 hours to get in the gate. Longest wait in traffic I think I have ever had to any event. Luckily my bladder held.

The sad part was that after 2.5 hours of creeping along a police officer leaned in our window and gave us some quick directions which had us in the parking lot in just five minutes. :eek:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It was 20-30 minutes for most of the day. I went there at sunrise and had no traffic and got the third parking spot from the entrance.

based on that, a bunch of folks got a look at it .... based on the comments you may have heard, what impression did you get as to the numbers of folks just curious and folks who appeared to be seriously interested

Jim

Top Bottom