• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wings Over North Georgia Air Show, Rome, Ga - October 18 & 19

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors is scheduled to attend and show a prototype at the Wings Over North Georgia Air Show in Rome, GA on October 18-19

The general admission price at the gate is $20 per person and $10 per vehicle for regular parking

There are both discounts for advance purchase and upgrades available for premium seating and on-site premium parking

Attendance over the two days is estimated at over 75,000

http://wingsovernorthgeorgia.com/.

ElioOwners.com Meet & Greet at Noon each day!
Meet up location will be at the Elio Exhibit.

I will be there on Saturday and Joshua Caldwell has a two day pass so he should be there both days.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I personally have always loved air shows and plan to spend most of the day up there on Saturday as they have quite a lot going on!
SATURDAY

8:30am — Remote Public Parking Lots Open: Rome-Braves Stadium; Armuchee High School; Northside Church

9:30am — Remote Shuttle Bus Service Begins

9:00am – Airport Parking Lots Open (Advance Purchase)

10:00am — Air Show Entry Gates Open

10:00am-9:45pm — SNT BBQ Classic, Static Displays & Exhibitors

11:45am-12:00noon – Air Show Opening Ceremonies / Anthem / Flag Drops

12:00-4:30pm – Aerial Performances & Ground Demonstrations

SATURDAY EVENING

4:30-8:30pm — Smoke-n-Thunder Concert Series, BBQ Classic Competition, Hot Air Balloon Rides, Kids Zone, Exhibitors, International Foods & People’s Choice BBQ Tasting

8:30-8:45pm — “Ladies For Liberty” Patriotic Pre-Air Show Music

8:45-9:45pm — Night Air Show & Fireworks Grand Finale

10:00pm — Gates Close & Shuttle Bus Services Ends

SUNDAY

8:30am — Remote Public Parking Lots Open: Rome-Braves Stadium; Armuchee High School; Northside Church

9:30am — Remote Shuttle Bus Service Begins

9:00am – Airport Parking Lots Open (Advance Purchase)

10:00am — Air Show Entry Gates Open

10:00am-4:30pm — SNT BBQ Classic, Static Displays & Exhibitors

11:45am-12:00noon — Air Show Opening Ceremonies / Anthem / Flag Drops

12:00-4:30pm – Aerial Performances & Ground Demonstrations

4:30-6:00pm — SNT BBQ Classic Awards Ceremony

6:00pm — Gates Close & Shuttle Bus Services Ends

http://wingsovernorthgeorgia.com/guest-information/schedule/

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
if i make the show, i'll try to get ahold of you. will u be working this one or just attending?

I will just be an attendee enjoying the air show and the Elio.
I don't work for Elio Motors as this forum is completely independent and I just volunteer my spare time, of which I likely have too much at the moment.:D

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors is scheduled to attend and show a prototype at the Wings Over North Georgia Air Show in Rome, GA on October 18-19

The general admission price at the gate is $20 per person and $10 per vehicle for regular parking

There are both discounts for advance purchase and upgrades available for premium seating and on-site premium parking

Attendance over the two days is estimated at over 75,000

http://wingsovernorthgeorgia.com/

Hey Goofy;
We'll be there for sure, would love to meet you. I'll send contact info in conv.
Dusty

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will just be an attendee enjoying the air show and the Elio.
I don't work for Elio Motors as this forum is completely independent and I just volunteer my spare time, of which I likely have too much at the moment.:D
Can't have much spare time with all the time you dedicate to the forum. Thanks for your efforts, we truly appreciate them.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI about the Groupon deal. The way the Groupon web site works is a bit strange. The web site would not allow me to buy both the admission tickets and the parking pass in the same transaction so I had to do two transactions, one for the parking pass and another one for the admission tickets.
Also when you select the admission ticket it says one admission but when you go to the shopping cart it allows you to change the quantity to buy as many as you need.
After your purchase you then print out a voucher for each admission and will pick up your tickets at will call. For the parking pass you simply print out the voucher and present it to the parking attendant.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
*Photographers Weekend Pass
Photo-Pit-Chalet-400x265.jpg

Non-Media photographers can get exclusive access to the air show’s Friday rehearsal & media day, static displays and BBQ Classic competition. Special viewing locations are available including a private preparation center with crowd-line viewing.

Pass holders receive a reserved airport parking pass along with early access to the Sat & Sun events before the normal air show gates open to the public. You will be positioned to get better photos of the air show performers and performances without so many people in the foreground?

Wings Over North Georgia air show will continue in 2014 to offer a limited number of photographer weekend & daily passes to our non-media photographer guests. Weekend passes purchased are good for the Sat & Sun entire day & evening events. In efforts to reduce the costs for this special photographer pass, we will continue to provide the private preparation center, rest rooms, with non-alcoholic beverage services only. The remote photo location (Perch) will be at the crest of Herky Hill (Thunderbird Show Center).

The evening activities will feature exhibits, international foods, live bands, BBQ Classic competition, People’s Choice BBQ tasting and finishing up with the Night Airshow & Fireworks Grand Finale! Our guest will experience over 10 hours of world-class family fun & entertainment including the Air Show, BBQ Classic, General Aviation Fly-In along with Saturday evening’s attractions and fireworks show.

*ADVANCE PURCHASE ONLYPhoto-Tour-400x112.jpg
  • Weekend Pass (Fri-Sat-Sun): $100
  • Daily Pass (Sat or Sun): $50
Photographer Weekend Pass Includes
  • Friday Air Show Rehearsal & Media Day (9 AM – 5 PM)
    USAF-Thunderbirds-Tight-4-Ship-400x266.jpg
  • Sat & Sun Air Show Early Admission (8 AM)
  • Reserved Airport Parking (Fri – Sat – Sun)
  • Photographer Preparation Center
  • Beverage Services Only 10am – 4pm
  • Soft Drinks/Non-Alcohol Beverages Only
  • Private Restroom Facility
  • Crowd-Line & Herky Hilltop Viewing Areas
Photograher POC: John Willhoff
Cell Phone:(678) 428-6034 Email: john.willhoff@gmail.com
Photographer Weekend Pass offer ends Wednesday, Oct 15th.

Top Bottom