• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will The New York International Auto Show Have A Positive Impact On Em?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would imagine it is, but... anyone happen to know for sure if the floor pans in the Elio will be SMC?
flintstone-car.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think my "highway fund" rate should be proportional to the wear & tear caused by the Elio autocycle's impact on the roads ...
especially when driving this 1,450 pound vehicle (with me and my cargo weighed in) amidst the many dozens daily of 100,000(+) pound logging trucks and potato-hauling trucks all around here.
Compared to those road-crunchers, perhaps the state should pay -us- (driving our Elios) for being proportionally ultra-conservative.
I agree it should be fair and proportional to a vehicles wear and tear and mpgs. I suspect the road crunchers are getting 8-10 mpgs and paying more in fuel taxes to maintain the roadways. I don't need lumber products at this point in life, but I do need a potato periodically.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would imagine it is, but... anyone happen to know for sure if the floor pans in the Elio will be SMC?
All I know is what I read on the subject months ago on this website. Someone had stated the pan we rest out feet on will be sitting on metal cross members and that pan would be made of the same composite as the body panels. The post went on to say there would be an additional panel beneath the metal cross members to improve aerodynamics to increase mpg. It was never stated how the exhaust would be routed. I don't know if this is of any help.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All I know is what I read on the subject months ago on this website. Someone had stated the pan we rest out feet on will be sitting on metal cross members and that pan would be made of the same composite as the body panels. The post went on to say there would be an additional panel beneath the metal cross members to improve aerodynamics to increase mpg. It was never stated how the exhaust would be routed. I don't know if this is of any help.
The underbody tray has been discussed before. No final decision has been made on it; it's a cost vs. benefit question. If not offered as standard equipment, you can bet it will be available as an option -- a smart one, in my opinion, to reduce noise and corrosion, as well as to enhance mpg.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The underbody tray has been discussed before. No final decision has been made on it; it's a cost vs. benefit question. If not offered as standard equipment, you can bet it will be available as an option -- a smart one, in my opinion, to reduce noise and corrosion, as well as to enhance mpg.

that's the way I remember the discussion going

Top Bottom